stuwee is a new owner of Summit's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great speakers. Worth getting a nice clean signal path and amps to do them justice including bass performance!

Love my Spires plus Velodyne DD+12 ... different route, similar outcome! Have fun and worth being meticulous re setup when you're ready to put the effort in. Resultant sound varies and can be tailored to your tastes to a large degree...especially with a room that will allow their bass performance to flourish! Good plan just having a good listen to begin with, before serious yet fun "dialling in". Enjoy

I'm a bit OCD and thank you for understanding my 'plan', My partner is going to be long suffering in letting me get them just right. I told him these are serious stuff can we please try to get it right? Even if it means moving the couch and TV (I'm not into the home theater scene btw). I can be swayed haha!

I'm a Vintage SAE fiend and just bought a SAE A1001 amp to anchor the system, it was a cost no object show piece back 30 years ago. 500wpc continuous @8oms .0025thd, blah, blah, blah, I could have bought some Mac's or Pass labs for about $2,000 more, Then my buddy who's picking up 'The Beast' from LA said he'd loan me a Rowland high current amp for fun...

**user211, I love Younger Brother, thanks, I'm ordering some today!!

Simon Posford is the connection between Sphongle and Younger Brother. There's also Hallucinogen etc but I am not so keen on that. Flock of Bleeps is one of my all time fave albums - should sound utterly fantastic loud on the Summits!!!:) It is absolutely superb on my Apogees but I always thought Logans were great with electronic music.

If you're the kind that likes to be flooded with auditory information overload then Flock of Bleeps loud is an outstanding example of how this can be done with unusual non-organic original sound samples (mainly bleeps!), together with the slow building up of "soundscape" complexity as a track develops. I think it is a work of pure genius and it must have taken an amazing amount of time and effort to create.

If ever there was an album for assessing the subjective "speed" of a system I'd suggest that was an excellent candidate.

Respect.:rocker:

Last edited:
Back