Hello from Beverly Hills

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonR

Reaction score
I am new to the site, but I am a long-time owner of Martin-Logan speakers. I purchased Martin-Logan Monoliths around 1990, upgrading to the Monolith III and then to the Prodigy.

I admire the CLX Art with subwoofers, but I like more visceral impact in the 200 hz to 450 hz range than the electrostatic panels can produce. This preference, as well as my history with Monoliths, makes me very excited to hear the new Neolith.

Welcome Ron, if you buy them then be sure to share your thoughts. Whats Beverly H like for audio stores? Is the plate just littered with high end bling?

Ron, welcome ! as for 'visceral impact' …….. don't forget the room in which one listens is also important as well ! Having listened to the CLX's (with subs) in a superb environment I know first hand how well they can perform !

In Manhattan, where I am from, for many years I enjoyed Mike Kay's Lyric Hi-Fi. I knew Andy Singer, of Sound By Singer, well too. I bought my original Monoliths from Elliot Fishkin of Innovative Audio.

Beverly Hills, itself, has no high-end audio stores. (The retail space rents are prohibitive.) The stores which carry Martin-Logan in the nearby LA area are not of the most upscale variety (a little disappointing, ML!)

However, in Santa Monica, we have Randy Cooley's amazing Optimal Enchantment, and, in Pasadena, we have Brian Berdan's fantastic Audio Element. Randy and Brian (son of the legendary Brooks) are two of the top analog people in the business, and each of them should be regarded as national treasurers in the audio realm.

Dear Dave,

Unfortunately the CLXs with subs are too thin and insuffiently impactful for me in the 80 Hz or so to 200 Hz or so frequency range. I look forward to hearing how the Neoliths sound in comparison.

The design brief of the Neolith, with a 12" driver operating up to 400 Hz, should be perfect for what I am looking for.

Last edited:
Back