Neolith Purchase Order Has Been Placed

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint is dry and the speakers are ready to ship. Unfortunately I will be out of the country for two weeks. The current delivery is scheduled for 04/17/2015. Yes another delay this one by me.

Gary

I'm back from Thailand and the Neolith delivery is scheduled for 10:00 AM this Friday. With the double delay I had lost a little of my enthusiasm but I talked to Mike Ware (the dealer) and he pushed the right buttons to get my enthusiasm off the charts. Mike has the show pair of Neoliths in his store now while waiting for his own in about 2 weeks. He decided to do a passive bi-amp using 2 pair of McIntosh 1.2k's. Yes 2.4K watts per speaker. Yikes! He described the system as spectacular and it was obvious he was genuinely excited. If you look at the excellent equipment LMC Home Entertainment carries (Mikes store) you know it has to be good if he is calling it spectacular. So we are just a few days away. Yes Yes Yes pictures to follow...

Gary

I'm back from Thailand and the Neolith delivery is scheduled for 10:00 AM this Friday. With the double delay I had lost a little of my enthusiasm but I talked to Mike Ware (the dealer) and he pushed the right buttons to get my enthusiasm off the charts. Mike has the show pair of Neoliths in his store now while waiting for his own in about 2 weeks. He decided to do a passive bi-amp using 2 pair of McIntosh 1.2k's. Yes 2.4K watts per speaker. Yikes! He described the system as spectacular and it was obvious he was genuinely excited. If you look at the excellent equipment LMC Home Entertainment carries (Mikes store) you know it has to be good if he is calling it spectacular. So we are just a few days away. Yes Yes Yes pictures to follow...

Gary

Wow... 1.2 x2... if LMC is impressed then that's a good sign. Post pics!

I don't post too often here. We had the Neolith's at our showroom back in December as we were a stop on the Truth in Sound tour. We placed an order for the Neolith's that night, they sounded that good. We had the tour pair for almost 3 months until our speakers came in. Our Deep Sea Blue Neolith's have been playing for the past month and a half and keep getting better. We started them off on MC 601's and then brought in a pair of MC 1.2kw amps. To say that these speakers sound amazing is an understatement. I am envious Gary, I would love to have a pair in my home. But at the same time, I get to listen to them at work all day, so I guess it is an okay trade off. :)

IMG_0321.jpg

Neoliths have arrived. Here is the set of equipment I will be using for the next couple of months to feed them.

Bryston 28B-SST^2 1325 watts per channel.
McIntosh MC1.2KW 1200 watts per channel. (on loan from LMC Home Entertainment)
Pass Labs XA-160 160 watts of class A power. (for sure under powered but considering the X-1000)
Pass Labs XP-20 pre amp
Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC reference series
MacBook Pro with Pure Music 2
Oppo 105D

Gary

Last edited:
View attachment 17892

Neoliths have arrived. Here is the set of equipment I will be using for the next couple of months to feed them.

Bryston 28B-SST^2 1325 watts per channel.
McIntosh MC1.2KW 1200 watts per channel. (on loan from LMC Home Entertainment)
Pass Labs XA-160 160 watts of class A power. (for sure under powered but considering the X-1000)
Pass Labs XP-20 pre amp
Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC reference series
MacBook Pro with Pure Music 2
Oppo 105D

Gary
Any turntables in the future?

IMG_0317.jpg

Two crates made from fresh pine. I began my working career in the Pacific Northwest as a logger. These crates took me back to the late 1960's.
The bill of lading listed each box at 675 pounds. They were heavy but I think someone had his giant thumb on the scale.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
IMG_0333.jpg

Nice box but where am I going to store it?

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 397
What are you using between the Mac and the DAC for USB to S/PDIF conversion?

What cables are you using?

IMG_0343.jpg

I finally get to put my arm around my new friend. I will post some better pics when I stop listening.

Gary

Thats AWESOME man.... the logistics of where to even store the boxes/crates.... yikes.

How does it sound? More pics!

Top man for sharing Gary. Bringing back my memories of hearing them at Munich. You are in for one hell of a good time.

What sort of music are they going to encounter?

Top man for sharing Gary. Bringing back my memories of hearing them at Munich. You are in for one hell of a good time.

What sort of music are they going to encounter?

I listen to everything. Jazz, classical, country, hip-hop, rap. I'll post a few of my listenings tomorrow. It's after 6:00 AM here and I'm just going to bed.:):):)

Hi, what happened to the Meridian? Aren't you doing the whole MCH thing?

Back