Neolith Purchase Order Has Been Placed

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woof!! Dang Gary, like many others I'm very happy for you on the new 'babys', 'monsters', what fun!

Dear Gary,

What are the dimensions of the listening room in which you will place the Neoliths?

Thank you.

The room is 17 feet wide and 25 feet deep followed by 13 feet wide and 18 feet deep. Thus the right hand side runs 43 feet and the left side runs 25 feet. The portion beyond the 17x25 section (ie 13 by 18) is a dedicated single malt scotch bar. This is where I combine my favorite two hobbies as an audiophile and single malt collector. I think Neoliths and 25 y.o. Macallan will go together nicely.

Gary

GaryG I just saw a Macallan bottle for 22,999 in Scottsdale... I think it was 40 years old??? hahah.... well if you gotta kill brain cells might as well do it with class!! :) Interesting though, the room I am building is going to have something similar.... I have a 17 X 30 room - and will have the bar off a 14' opening on the 30' wall and that will lead to a room that will be about 18X25.... speakers will point towards the 14' opening on the long wall to where the bar will reside(in the back of the second room) ... I think it is going to work out well....

I have a 17 X 30 room - and will have the bar off a 14' opening on the 30' wall...

That's great. When people ask me what can be done to give them better SQ I often answer with a smile "add a bar" :ROFL:

Gary

Wow, congrats! Sounds like you certainly have a big enough room and some very good gear. When are you slated to receive them?

I dunno what happened to Bob's 900 Watt tube amps. They got to over $12K and the auction was pulled with 2 days left.

Maybe someone gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.:ROFL:

@ Justin: When I first talked to Mike Ware from LMC, he asked me if I was going to bi-amp the Neoliths. I assumed he meant passive bi-amp and I told him no as I am not much of a fan for passive bi-amping. On the other hand active bi-amping where you eliminate the internal crossovers and use and external ones, feeding your amp only the relevant frequency can have great results. When I saw those big Bob Carver beauties I said to myself "Maybe 900 watts of tube amp on the panels". I think I can make a better guess as to what will work after I've played with them a bit. I have not owned any tubes for some time but did recently give strong consideration to a pair of VTL's for my Sasha's.

Gary

Actually Gary I reckon the really big VTLs sound fantastic. They can get close to sounding really quite real when not much out there can.

I've got to be honest I didn't much like the Moon gear they used at Munich, but I reckon I am experienced enough to have "heard through them". With the right amps the Neoliths will be a lot better than they were in Munich. At least to my tastes!:)

I have had VTL MB-750s for many years and I think they are magic on the electrostatic panels. I will use those amplifiers for the rest of my life, as long as Luke can keep them running. (But, of course, that reflects my personal preference for a sound which veers to the slightly warm side rather than the slightly cool side (to my ears) of solid state.)

Your comments enjoyable as ever Justin ... Less keen - - - on the ads! What are you posting with and can you switch them off? ...Please

Bruce

Uaooo, have you consider which amplifier you will be using with them?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

I got the good news today. The Neolith's will be delivered on March 20, 2015. Pictures will of course be posted.

Gary

Gary - you are my hero man. I will be watching this thread and your pictures with great interest.

Gary......It's March 16th..... I just thought I would mention that...... :)

Gary......It's March 16th..... I just thought I would mention that...... :)

Update: Earlier today I received a call from Mike Ware letting me know there will be a delay in delivery. It turns out that the red is the most difficult to paint and requires a number of extra coats. I'm sure that they knew this one is mine and they put even more coats of lushes red:rolleyes:

Here is a youtube video which mentions the paint process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIinQTD36cE

The delay should not be too long.

Gary

Update: Earlier today I received a call from Mike Ware letting me know there will be a delay in delivery. It turns out that the red is the most difficult to paint and requires a number of extra coats. I'm sure that they knew this one is mine and they put even more coats of lushes red:rolleyes:

Here is a youtube video which mentions the paint process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIinQTD36cE

The delay should not be too long.

Gary

Well you know they aren't mass produced that's for sure.!! :). Keep us posted. Tim

Latest posts

Back