Neolith Purchase Order Has Been Placed

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, I suggest you throw something over that TV.

Perhaps a wet blanket would do the trick? :D

The TV will be moving soon. The camera angle makes it look worse than it is. But you are correct it would not be too hard to put some GIK panels in front and cover the glass.

Gary

Last edited:
Perhaps a wet blanket would do the trick? :D

The TV will be moving soon. The camera angle makes it look worse than it is. But you are correct it would not be too hard to put some GIK panels in front and cover the glass.

Gary
Yeah, try the wet blanket, Sparky! :)

Garyg: haven't heard anything from u in awhile on how your neoliths are doing with all the amps you were trying . Have you decided on anything yet? Plus how are the neoliths sounding? Thanks

Garyg: haven't heard anything from u in awhile on how your neoliths are doing with all the amps you were trying . Have you decided on anything yet? Plus how are the neoliths sounding? Thanks

You are correct, I have been remiss on finishing this thread. Sometimes life takes us away from our hobbies and obsessions and I was pulled away by family health issues. My 83 year old mother fell and broke her hip. Following her hip surgery she had a heart attack. Of course if you're going to have a heart attack it's good to already be in the hospital. They were immediately able to get her in for angioplasty and open up the vain to the heart. There was too much calcification to put in a stent so she will need to go to a larger hospital for a roto procedure but that can wait a few months while she recovers from the hip surgery. I stayed with her until we got her out of the hospital and into a convalescent home. The good news is that in about a month she will be able to return home. She won't be able to walk without a walker for some time but all in all I would say we are happy with the results. I will now continue with the Neolith posts.

Gary

You are correct, I have been remiss on finishing this thread. Sometimes life takes us away from our hobbies and obsessions and I was pulled away by family health issues. My 83 year old mother fell and broke her hip. Following her hip surgery she had a heart attack. Of course if you're going to have a heart attack it's good to already be in the hospital. They were immediately able to get her in for angioplasty and open up the vain to the heart. There was too much calcification to put in a stent so she will need to go to a larger hospital for a roto procedure but that can wait a few months while she recovers from the hip surgery. I stayed with her until we got her out of the hospital and into a convalescent home. The good news is that in about a month she will be able to return home. She won't be able to walk without a walker for some time but all in all I would say we are happy with the results. I will now continue with the Neolith posts.

Gary
Glad ur mother Is doing well, hope it's a speedy recovery

OK it's time to drive this old thread of mine to its proper conclusion. First over on AVS Forum Mark Henninger posted some additional thoughts on the Neoliths after hearing them again.

http://www.avsforum.com/martin-logan-neolith-demo-at-taves-2015/

This time he liked the conditions better and gave the bass a clean bill of health. I do like them in Ferrari Red.

Gary

Last edited:
In post 199 I mentioned that I had some construction going. This was to give me a better space for the Multi Channel with the Neoliths as mains. I must say this construction is still going on and has taken on a life of its own. I'll start a new thread to explain this when I get closer to finished. But as a tease I have ordered a Trinnov Altitude32 fully loaded as the engine for my move into immersive sound.

Gary

My final choice for amplification was to go with a passive bi-amp combo and put the two VTL Siegfried II's on the panels and the Pass Labs 600.8's for the low frequencies. I pulled in separate dedicated 30 amp circuits for each of the 4 amps. Excessive? Perhaps. Indulgent? Certainly.

The bass is WOW. Tight, Fast, Musical bass. I am very happy with the amp combo/Neolith it's just plain fun.

Gary

My final choice for amplification was to go with a passive bi-amp combo and put the two VTL Siegfried II's on the panels and the Pass Labs 600.8's for the low frequencies. I pulled in separate dedicated 30 amp circuits for each of the 4 amps. Excessive? Perhaps. Indulgent? Certainly.

The bass is WOW. Tight, Fast, Musical bass. I am very happy with the amp combo/Neolith it's just plain fun.

Gary

Quoted for truth.

Any updates?

update... certainly.

First let me send congratulations to the entire ML team for the Neolith's selection as "The" overall product of the year by The Absolute Sound. Great achievement! The associated review by Robert Harley in this January's issue says it all. Wow you made it to the big leagues. I am a very proud Neolith owner.

Gary

To all MLO members I highly recommend you seek out Robert Harley's current Neoliith review in TAS. The review is stellar. I found myself saying "right on" over and over as I read the review. Robert had them well amped. Many of the musical selections he mentioned I am familiar with and I replayed them in my mind as I read his review.

Gary

Now that I've had some time with the Neoliths I have had the opportunity to run different equipment through them. The speakers are extremely revealing therefore distinguishing differences in SQ really show. This brings a new joy to my audiophilia Nervousa. I can push other equipment and room acoustics to new levels. Oops gunna cost me more.

Gary

...but I bet you are enjoying every minute of it ;)

Now that I've had some time with the Neoliths I have had the opportunity to run different equipment through them. The speakers are extremely revealing therefore distinguishing differences in SQ really show. This brings a new joy to my audiophilia Nervousa. I can push other equipment and room acoustics to new levels. Oops gunna cost me more.

Gary

Hahahhaa... dangerous speakers.

and it was fun setting the up for Robert. Moving his Magicos Q7s out the way, schlepping this in place was revealing. He had a heck of a grin the second we fired them up. set up took about 45 minutes, we all broke for our hotels, his office to do work, met for dinner. Of course he listened to some more stuff that day instead of work. Big grin at dinner. he kept his thoughts private pretty much up until the review broke, glad it worked out. Constellation will be using them in their room at CES. First time two product of the years have been used together. Should be a fun one.

Back