System #493 (Vista)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projectormovielover

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Kevin

2. Location: Fargo

3. ML Model(s): Vista, Stage, Electromotion,

4. Year Purchased: 2012

5. Associated Electronics: I have a revolving door here but I am only going to list what I use now. I use the Sony HAP Z1ES dac and server with a Krell 1200 u preamp with Theta Dreadnaught multi ch and Theta Enterprise Mono's.

6. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Well once upon a time Amazon had a sale with the Source SE electrostats and I came here to look into them. I learned that my AVR would not be enough and before I knew it I was messing around with all kinds of crap like 13k MIT Oracle hd90 speaker cables.

I have not ever been blown away by any speakers like I have been with Martin Logan Electrostats.

Attachments

• 123_3878.jpg
    123_3878.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 276
Well I had to move for work and with the oil boom it was super hard to get a new apartment. This is by far the worst listening room I have been crammed into. You are right Tom lol, 5 years is a long time to hold off posting a system pic.

Last edited:
Good to see finally. It would be good to see some more pics. How do you use the system for multi channel?

Good to see finally. It would be good to see some more pics. How do you use the system for multi channel?

Amey in the pic when I do multi ch I drag out an 80" sony dynaclear pull up screen that just the same as the black diamond. Right now though I just use the krell 1200 for 2 ch as it sounds better than the Krell 550 integrated I was using partly because of the Enterprise mono blocks.

Here is the thing though, I had the Anthem M1 1000 watt ice amps with the D2V and I got rid of it. All the previous ice amps I had from W4S sounded horrible with the logans but those M1's were stunning and they had better bass than the Enterprise mono's. If I had both at the same time I would have sold the Enterprise and kept the M1's, very sad that I sold them.

In the back room I have a theater seats with a 165 inch 235 screen, Stage, electromotion and motion 4's. I run that for movies and games using an Anthem MRX 300 with a krell amp. I had a really expensive JVC but I got a Benq w1080 as a second projector and it was that good that I sold the JVC. The Benq doing 3D is just jaw dropping and way better than the epson 5010 that I had before the JVC.

Back