Bought Verity Audio Leonore

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
So, I saw a great deal on a Verity Audio Leonore and bought it. Must remind myself hifi is not chocolate, there is no impulse purchase here.

They have been my favorite box speakers for a while and thought I would give boxes a try before moving ahead. If they turn out good in two channel, expand to Multi, else sell them off and go back to panels, before I go to that JBL horn from Berlin after 10 years.

They are 93 db efficient, have panel like flowing midrange. I have heard them sound excellent with Passlabs class A amp, X100.5, but will be trying them with all Jadis, all Nagra, and then NAT audio gear. If any of these sound like, awesome, add subs and room correction, else sell off. If these don't work then bye bye to boxes unless I quit audiophilia and go to Linn Akubarik Exakt.

Still have to reach me. Will keep you posted.

For those who don't know these speakers, I find them much better and different from the older Parsifal Ovations, which I found boring. I also find them better than the 40kpound Sarastro II, though I heard these with Soolution. I heard the Leonores at a show, and then in a living room, and they sounded the same in both places, with the Pass. They are the most room friendly boxes I know, and are known not to boom

I'm at home sick with a terrible cold. No wonder I didn't get your joke in the other thread. Anyway, that German dude also does these at half the price. Could be awesome but guess you did not hear.

Anyway I am amazed you went for a box. Wonder how long it will last...:ROFL:

You must be pretty sure they are good. Will come round when you have sorted your amps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at home sick with a terrible cold. No wonder I didn't get your joke in the other thread. Anyway, that German dude also does these at half the price. Could be awesome but guess you did not hear.

Anyway I am amazed you went for a box. Wonder how long it will last...:ROFL:

You must be pretty sure they are good. Will come round when you have sorted your amps.

I have seen those in the living room, he doesn't rate them anywhere near as good as the JBL, they are actually Onkyo. I bought the box because it was the only one I liked, and if it works, I am sure the power of multichannel will defeat the channel deficient stereo. The only problem with Mch is that you sometimes have to sacrifice tonality if your favorite speaker is an AA, Apogee, or a Horn. For those who like Wilsons, B&Ws, etc, Mch should be a no brainer IMO. So this is my attempt to see if I can come to terms with it. I would like to go MCH with a box instead of a dipole like Logan or the GT Audio planar hybrid. These should be easier to integrate with subs as well, which is the best way to get accurate, deep bass. Testing the theory. Problem is will testing my theory test my patience

Last edited by a moderator:
If Mch is your goal you are probably right Kedar, esp with subs in the equation i.e. 20 Hz extension isn't good enough.

Personally a high excursion cone sub turned up way above where it should be is unbeatable on explosions:) Not much cop on music though at those levels.

Latest posts

Back