Got new SIGNAL speaker cables for my system. Wow!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that the S-1200 signal processing is a pair of dual core 32 bit Cirrus and then routed to 24 bit ESS Sabre DACS. I forgot what the Lexicon has, but it was op amps that were about $30 each and that they used only ½ of them on each channel. $30 is pretty much for that component. My dissatisfaction comes because with technology over time, my sound is pretty dated and the ESS Sabre sounds so great in my Oppo. I always felt Krell and Martin Logan were synergistic too.

I read that you stack your Fathoms. I should show you photos of my two sets of stacked Descents. I hope it is because 'great minds think alike'.

Yes, I wasn't saying it wouldn't transmit a signal, I just think there would be some degradation due to the added resistance.

For signal cables, the resistance is rarely a problem, since it is so much lower than the typically 47 kOhm input impedance of the power amplifiers.

Capacitance, on the other hand, can be a huge problem for long interconnects. It is therefore important to choose a cable with as low capacitance as possible.

Back