Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neotlith review from Audioholics.com...very interesting!

I'd just get a ridiculous spec Apogee built for far less than $80k. Polymer front covers and CNC solid aluminium frame with neodymium mags. Pretty sure I'd be a better speaker based on recent experiments

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I'd just get a ridiculous spec Apogee built for far less than $80k. Polymer front covers and CNC solid aluminium frame with neodymium mags. Pretty sure I'd be a better speaker based on recent experiments
    Hi, do you know if this designer has a track record? Tried to google and came up with my own post

Confused what do you mean Kedar?

I spec'd how Interstella should be built in discussion with Jon, who you know. For higher end work, I'd get Graz to build them as I know he can work with powerful magnets etc etc.

Here is a Graz built neodymium magnet job. Top notch. Much less money than Neolith, much higher efficiency than Neolith, better bass extension than Neolith (mind you so has Interstella). Only disadvantage would be scale compared to Neolith. But it does bass to the same height as the mid/treble unlike Neolith, so it won't sound thin higher up the frequency range as Neolith does. All IMHO of course.

Graz can build a much bigger Apogee than the one below.

That post does ML no favours and TBH I am going to stop posting about Apogees here unless asked. I am NOT an Apogee salesman I am just a fan.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Super User

Oh I was just kidding, by designer I actually meant you, and was joking that if one tries to get a reference to Justin's apogees, my own post comes up

Right ho. What rep do I have? Sod all...

Super User

I guess tube amps are out of the question for these? lol.

Er no 20 Watts should be sufficient. That's what the powerful magnets do - raise efficiency. The HUGE Definitive was being run off 17 Watts IIRC.

What that Rowland is being used for I DO NOT KNOW!!! I've met the owner. I think he is mad

Justin, please don't stop posting about Apogees on this forum. We think of you as a wayward son.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Confused what do you mean

Perhaps a reference to your apparent confusion as to the the subject of this particular thread
    Last edited by Harlequin; 01-21-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioseduction View Post
    Hmm. Nice color! Coincidence?
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, TTW GEM V2, K&K Audio Premium SUT, VPI 16.5 & Keith Monks Discovery One record cleaners, MacMini (on Spatial Isoplane), JRiver, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535 (on Woo Audio stand), Adona Racks, SRA amp bases, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments, Shunyata Venom Defenders.

I think they are visually stunning. Far better than any (with Bernard's permission) Apogee. And they LOOK as though they mean business.

I like them, a lot. They do, however, look as though you could comfortably traverse the solar system by kneeling down behind the panel.

The Neolith received many positive comments from the press at the 2015 CES. Here are some comments from Larry Greenhill of Stereophile:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/m...80%99s-neolith

In 2001 Greenhill wrote a review of ML's Prodigy's. His review prompted me to check them out and I ultimately purchased a pair 13 years ago. From his comments do you think he may not like the Red Color paint on the demo model? It just "kinda" reads that way.

Gary
    Last edited by GaryG; 01-22-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    Perhaps a reference to your apparent confusion as to the the subject of this particular thread
    We are pretty easygoing on this forum about about diverging from the subject of a thread.

As much as I liked Justin's former love in Mercedes Blue, I think I prefer the Neoliths in red, as with Joey's Strads.