Neotlith review from Audioholics.com...very interesting!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Er no 20 Watts should be sufficient. That's what the powerful magnets do - raise efficiency. The HUGE Definitive was being run off 17 Watts IIRC.

What that Rowland is being used for I DO NOT KNOW!!! I've met the owner. I think he is mad:)

Justin, please don't stop posting about Apogees on this forum. We think of you as a wayward son. :)

MartinLogan Neolith Loudspeaker Review | Audioholics

MartinLoganNeolithblue.png

Hmm. Nice color! Coincidence?
DSC01791-L.jpg

:)

I think they are visually stunning. Far better than any (with Bernard's permission) Apogee. And they LOOK as though they mean business.

I like them, a lot. They do, however, look as though you could comfortably traverse the solar system by kneeling down behind the panel.

The Neolith received many positive comments from the press at the 2015 CES. Here are some comments from Larry Greenhill of Stereophile:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/martinlogan’s-neolith

In 2001 Greenhill wrote a review of ML's Prodigy's. His review prompted me to check them out and I ultimately purchased a pair 13 years ago. From his comments do you think he may not like the Red Color paint on the demo model? It just "kinda" reads that way.

Gary

Last edited:
As much as I liked Justin's former love in Mercedes Blue, I think I prefer the Neoliths in red, as with Joey's Strads.

Think I'll replace the LS50s in my garden room with these. I have at least 40sqaure feet .. Should be great! Seriously it's good they are getting better reviews and responses than the earlier silly ones in a certain bass head forum. I mean that panel must be fantastic for starters. My (fussy) dealer thought the panel was just awesome at Muncich though reckoned serious tweaking needed to be done for the full production version..... Leaving the price carefully to one side...!!!

I have some solid frames, some mylar, some perforated metal sheet fit for purpose, an understanding, and an ability I knew I didn't have. I have some friends who know bass and how to do it.

Neolith, from Martin Logan.

Invent your best caption.

My (fussy) dealer thought the panel was just awesome at Muncich though reckoned serious tweaking needed to be done for the full production version..QUOTE]

For the Munich High End show, from what I understand, ML was tight for time and the units that went to Germany were somewhere around 90%. Therefore, your "fussy" dealer may like the production versions even more. In Munich the casters used for setup failed. The shipping container did not fair well, and yes there was still some tweaking to be done. They are now in production and I would guess they are ironing out some production process issues. One thing I know about ML is they are very quality oriented and they will not let anything out that does not meet spec. That gives me comfort as an early buyer.

Gary

Well that panel did sound a bit "crisp" at Munich to say the least Gary. I just thought "been there, done that, new panel" LOL.

Back