Motion 60XL ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdo

Reaction score
Hi everyone- I'm surprise NOT to see any reviews, test, threads or articles about a Motion 60XL even on ML forum !!!!
I thought they were introduced last July 2014... Anyone experienced / Tested / Reviewed 60XL ???
Thx... AJ

Hola Adjo. The 60XL is a dynamic speaker. It is very different than the electrostatic model Electromotions. With much due respect, our forum is more into electrostatic models than dynamic speaker. And this is the reason why you do not find to many threads about the motion series. But this does not means that we do not like the 60XL. The two woofers offers a super good dynamics on the bass, with quality instead of quantity. In other words, you will be happy with them, if you are a musician. They play nicely for any type of music. Also its mid range is very open whit warmth that other brands lack to have this feature. And the tweeter, this is for my ears, the best tweeter available for the price paid. You can't go wrong with it. The box of the speaker is very well built and you can make comparisons with other dynamic speakers almost at the twice price, showing a very natural, well balanced tonal harmonic texture, only found in the very expensive gear. You can't go wrong with the model. I do like it a lot. Specially, if you like rock music. Happy listening!

Thank you for replying. Did not realize the forum was gear mostly towards electronic models. I will look for ML Motion forum side in the future if there is one :)
Yes, I did find a few reviews but was surprise how scarce reviews and tests were on Motion 60XL across the web.
I'm new to HIFI/Audio/Sound systems and have been researching and listening to different brands and equipment in this vast Audio industry for past 3+ months. (70% music of all kinds! Classical, Vocals, Instrumental, Jazz, Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, Country.... 30% movies)
Listen to ML speakers line up to Theos and many other speaker brands. ML came up first on my list in the time I gave myself in researching for speakers.
Personally felt ESL very interesting but came up very short in many way. Motion 40's came short to what I wanted sound wise. Theos were excellent to my ears but I don't think the test -the way they were hooked up and amp quality, gave them enough justice in mid and lows, Motion 60XL were almost as good as Theos in the vocals (IMO) but gave me a better mids, lows, assemble and also very nice instrumental wise. I was very torn between Motions 60XL and Theos. I thought it was time to stop researching and start purchasing a few days ago, but as I explained above, I was surprise to see how scars reviews and tests were on Motion 60XL in comparison to any other equipments of any other brand.
I chose Motion 60XL over the Theos as I though it would be a good start in the Audio system hobby - sounded great to my ears, not as good as Theos in some aspects but also more affordable and a good starting point for a debutant Audiophile like me.
No sure how my Audio system will sound once it's put together but there will be plenty of time to tweak and upgrade in the future.
I realized I got bitten by the "Audio bug disease" and there is no end for improvement. Although I also realize having a good base/audio foundation to start with was most important and making the move from researching to pulling trigger and starting to listen was what it's actually all about.
In case anyone I'd interested, the Motion 60XL will be connected with Parasound P5 preamp, Bryston 4B-SST Amp and JL e112 woofer.
Look forward to stepping up to electrostatic world in the future. Will express my impression about Motion 60XL once I get acquainted more closely with my audio system.
AJ

AJ, Congrats on a good sound system. The Bryston 4B-SST is one of the best values available. I have both the 4B-SST and the 4B-SST^2 in my main system. I have compared these back to back using the CLX speakers and cannot hear the difference. IMHO no need to upgrade. The JL Audio e112 sub is great and should be easy to integrate into your system. And of course your Motion XL's are very nice. This is actually the best forum for you. I have a Martin Logan motion center being used between a pair of discontinued Aeon i (ESL Speakers) and it works well. Martin Logan was founded on electrostatic speakers and the motion series is a more recent addition. So when Roberto says the forum is more into ESL's that comes from ML history. We welcome you to the forum and await your impressions of the 60XL.

Gary

Thank you all. Will definitely get back to this forum for my first impression of 60XT (not XL sorry) and will gladly learn from you all about electrostatic for possible future upgrade :)
A bientôt
AJ

After patiently waiting (a month) for the Bryston 4B-SST I decided to go for 14B-SST instead. Got an unbelievably great deal which I could not resist! It's being shipped tomorrow and will be home sometime next week. I beleive the 14B-SST will compliment my Motion 60XT very well and allow me to better enter the electrostatic speaker world in the future.
Will send my thoughts once everything is hooked up and I have the pleasure to hear my new sound.
AJ

I have a bunch of Motion 40's and they sound amazing so if the 60 is bigger then your in for a real treat.

Latest posts

Back