New to ML into Motion series from late 90's Polk RT

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpitogo

Reaction score
Hi All, I got into the Motion series after auditioning various makes. I enjoyed the soundstage and clarity. I mainly do 70% Movies and 30% Music. I purchased Motion 40s and Dynamo 500 taking advantage of the promo.

Happy New Year!

Hi All, I got into the Motion series after auditioning various makes. I enjoyed the soundstage and clarity. I mainly do 70% Movies and 30% Music. I purchased Motion 40s and Dynamo 500 taking advantage of the promo.

Happy New Year!

Welcome! I've got some Motion 40s myself. I bet your setup sounds pretty killer with the sub. What amp are you driving the speakers with?

Thanks for the welcome. The ML sub is not as tight as my Polk DSW microPRO 3000 but decent stuffed with tennis balls. I'm using a Marantz 7009. It's doing a decent job for a 4 ohm load, it can drive 4-16 ohm loads but not quite sure of ratings at 4. Manuals only list ratings at 8 ohms. So far no stress or shutdown detected for a meager AV receiver.

Yeah I've experienced the same. I'm using a Marantz NR1603 to drive mine and zero issues. I am however about to pick up a MM7025, and I feel like that'll make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back