Hi from Sunny Nice, France

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coco

Reaction score
I worked overseas most of my active life, and am now retired in France. I purchased my Sequels II in Hong Kong in 1992, so over 22 years ago, and have enjoyed every minute of use. Like me they have aged, but the frequent change of humidity has contributed to the slackening of the base response, and the woofers need to be replaced, or disconnected and replaced by an external woofer unit.

The issue is not new to Sequel owners, and The Forum already has related input. However, any fresh views on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Happy 2015 to you all.

Coco

Hola and Welcome. You had not said to us if you do not have low information. The woofers when needed to be replaced, is because they sound bad. There is a heavy distortion when playing the music. If the stat panels are only working, remember to check the speakers binding posts. There are four. 2 positive and 2 negative. If you are using only one cable from your amplifier to them, check the plate that are jointing them together...positive to positive and negative to negative. If you have a faulty contact there, then or the stat panel does not work, or the woofer does not work.

Usually what you have to change are the stat panels. Those are the ones that fails. The sound lacks for brilliance and it is dull. Just before making a change, do the stat panel washing. Many times, they come back alive with just mild water.

Please tell us more about your problem...and welcome again! Happy listening.

Hi Coco, and welcome aboard.

I lived with Sequels for 17 years and while they were good for their day, the newer, smaller ML electrostats are so much better. Woofer and panel are much more integrated and they are easier to drive and place. If you're not dead set on keeping your Sequels, I'd recommend taking a look at the newer ML offerings.

Best regards and welcome aboard.

Tom.

Last edited:
Back