Justin's apogees

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tympani 3

The ones that I had were in my backs junk yard house, sold the property, and they I think, still are there. They can not stand the humidity of Costa Rica. One of the best speakers that I had owned so far. Clean, crystal highs, good bass response, I drove them with my ML-2s monoblock by Mark Levinson. Long time ago. When you cranked them up, you could see the sparks on parts of the bass section. Then, suddenly both speakers were doing the same...I called their rep, and they say that I must send them back to the States for repair...did that, and because there were no humidity, they claimed that the speakers were good...came back, and in a couple of months, the problem started again...I remember being very mad, and my idiotic way of been at that time, I disconnected them, and did try to sell them, with no luck. Then bought Magneplanars...Timpani 3B was the ones that I bought. This is a long time history.

This pic is not mine, but these were the model that I had...
http://www.trygve.com/apogeeduetta.jpg[/QUOT
Roberto: how did u like the tympani 3 speakers had a pair for a long time and really liked them, I always enjoyed what people would say well what are those room dividers and the surprised when I turned them on! I tri amped mine.

Back