Need some help on what to buy, thanks in advance!!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuwee

Reaction score
Happy New Years to y'all!! Ive been away from this site for awhile, I lost my Father last June and was the proud owner of Sequels that were old enough to not be registered (about 1988). Jim Powers was on the line for the crossovers when they were built. I had to sell them 3 years ago and miss them very. very much!!

I have a nice check from the estate and I miss my Martin Logans more than any thing!! I'm looking into the new models and would like some advise! I had to sell my lovely Yahama MX-800u amp last year, so this is a 2 part Q! amp and speakers!

I have an SAE A202 (100wpc, easy 200wpc peak), and a SAE2400 (150wpc, easy 250wpc peak). I'm looking into a nice tubed McIntosh preamp. I live in Tucson Az and I know there are members in Phoenix AZ. I'm looking to buy, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. please move,

Stu, welcome back, Happy New Year ! …….. sorry for the loss of your Dad.

In so far as recommendations, a little more info would be of help ………….. overall budget and what that budget needs to accomplish, room size, listening tastes.

Welcome back, Stu... Sorry for your loss. My summits and cinema are indeed for sale in the classifieds section. They have been well looked after, and used to belong to Joey, so you'll be kinda famous if you buy them. ;-)

Sorry about your dad passing :(

I agree with the other guys. If you can afford the Summits - you'll never look back.

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words!

Doh on not giving more info! Room size is 16' wide by 27' long. The house was built in 1947 and has 1' thick adobe walls on all sides of the listening room. Because central air was added 2 years ago there is a drop ceiling with those funky ceiling panels, the slab floor has berber carpet. A fireplace is on the short wall (yes it's needed here, we had about a 1/2 of snow in midtown Tucson last night!!). I have a 55" tv angled in the corner on a stand. I like it loud at times so I may need to upgrade amps, I prefer vintage with big meters.

Tom those Summits look sweet!!! $5,000 is more than fair, I just wish you were closer...I'm leaving a message in your for sale thread :)

Wow ………. 16x27………… the sky's the limit for you Stu ! Again, what's your budget ?

……………… let's see…….. Tom's Summit's as your rear 'surrounds'………… CLX's up front with a pair of Decent i's for subs ………….. now we're talking !!

Hahaha Dave you are too funny! It is a big room and very nice to have, I rent this house and and I assume I'll have to add some grounded outlets to get the best performance? The ones in place right now are probably not up to snuff. I'm not much of a home theater type guy, movies are nice with great sound but, at the end of the day my 2-channel listening sessions make me very happy. Like yourself, I'm an analog fiend, 5,000+ Lp's played on my Thorens/SME/Shure V15 IV combo (I really dig your VPI/Micro/Fosgate setup!!). Numerous vintage TDK MA-XG cassettes from a Teac V-8000S deck.

Your suggested system would be a dream, Tom's asking price is about the top of my budget at this point and time.

It's not very often that you get the chance to buy top rated speakers from your favorite manufacture owned by the top dog of the forum site (and once owned by Joey to boot!!).

Back