NAT Audio

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Was in Amsterdam to listen to Genesis 350SE. Not to my taste, though it is a ribbon magnet.

The interesting thing was the guy was a retired distributor of Marten speakers (the Coltranes are 250k and half a mill), which he didn't like, had Jorma prime cabling all over, and had the top of the line NAT Audio pre and power. He told me he has owned VTL 7.5 MKIII, VTL Siegfrieds, Jeff Rowlands top of the line, none came close. He gave his pre to a friend who owned CAT, the guy based on the pre evaluation also ordered the power, and sold of all his CAT. He has another friend in Austria who, in his private system, has Avantgarde Trios, ML Statements, and Genesis 1.1 (165k). Initially there was a lot of Levinson in there, now it is all NAT.

The above are in addition to a Berlin stockist whom I am meeting next week for a horn demo, who owns NAT, AR, and Einstein, and says nothing come close, and that the NAT entry pre smokes the ARC 5SE. At half the price. Have more such feedback, do give this a listen especially if you are into preamps. The power amps run too hot. <ight be ok for Canada.

And the Power amps are silly beautiful, as you can see below.

Attachments

• 20141226_153352.jpg
    20141226_153352.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 306
The above is one mono, here is the full.

Attachments

• 20141226_153333.jpg
    20141226_153333.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 327
Also I will say any time I have been in one of the AA/NAT rooms at shows the temperature as been ridiculously high.

The Transmitter with valve pre and Loit CDP plus the valve power supply kicks out LOADS of heat. Tons.

That is usually because it has been on all day with other kit. Plus all the body heat from visitors and heat from other rooms too I guess.

Last edited:
Just been looking at the valve used in the Magnetostat pre. Russian hardwired miniature jobbie that costs $3.50 LOL. That doesn't mean it is bad. But defo no rolling possible with it.

Also I will say any time I have been in one of the AA/NAT rooms at shows the temperature as been ridiculously high.

The Transmitter with valve pre and Loit CDP plus the valve power supply kicks out loADS of heat. Tons.

That is usually because it has been on all day with other kit. Plus all the body heat from visitors and heat from other rooms too I guess.

Yes that's why I won't go for their power, because of the heat. I will get the magnetic pre. The preamps don't have any caps on the circuit, no coupling caps and put in loads of current into the power amps. The magnetostat has batteries in it to keep the current steady

Kedar you are audiophile number 1:)

I am going to cool down starting next weekend. This is my final dash, then I will do this one weekend a month.

Also this is easier, cheaper and faster than having to buy my own stuff and twiddling around next 5 years to see what works and what doesn't

Last edited:
Fun three days. Successfully negotiated a mini crisis where my gf said she felt like a secondary mistress to my hifi, went out with her and her mom for dinner, smoothed her out over the night (like a tube amp, she took a few hours to warm up to me but then was nirvana), then flew over to Berlin for a few demos over the last two days, and note at airport flying back, straight to Barbican where she and I are going to the big B's ninth.

ABed Jadis top of line with NAT top of line. Jadis glorious tubey midrange, airy and warm, great on vocals and solo instruments. NAT darker, much better on bass, transients, resolution with complex music, more authority.

More on horn demos later.

Jadis JA200s on CLX - mid range to love:) You're never going to die from excitement from that though.

Latest posts

Back