Happy birthday Tom!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberto

Reaction score
Hola Tom...today is your birthday, and tomorrow is mine, so I can not forget such important dates, right?

Just wishing to you the best happy birthday, Merry Christmas and the best for this coming 2015!!!

Please, receive a big brother hug from Costa Rica!
Roberto.

Happy Birthday to both of you as well. Must have been hell as a kid, your parents trying to combine X-mas and your birthdays ……….

Happy Birthday to both of you as well. Must have been hell as a kid, your parents trying to combine X-mas and your birthdays ……….
Hey Dave, let me tell you what my mom did. Here is Costa Rica, and most latinos, we have two names. Mine is Roberto Antonio. Also I was raise as catholic. The date of Saint Anthony is on June 13th. So, she celebrated my birthday on that date, the June 13, and in Xmas also got two presents, so I was a lucky kid, two presents in December 25th and a party with friends and some presents on June 13th, just at the middle of the year. Very clever, don't you think? A very smart woman! She was a very dear mother. I have an older brother who was asking Santa for a brother. He and my parents lived in a farm away from San Jose, our Country Capital. My grandmother lived very near the SJ hospital, in the Paseo Colon, and because I was supposed to be born in those days, my parents came to spent Xmas time with her...but on the 25th, circa the 3 o'clock in the morning, she was in labor at the grandma's house. The doctor did not came, and I was born at 5 o'clock, and my aunt Juliet (my father's sister) helped in the labor process. So, I was a Xmas present to my only brother Arturo. He still claims that I belong to him (LOL)...
Happy Xmas to all, and happy new year!!!

What a wonderful way to come into the world! Happy Birthmas to our special MLO friend Roberto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, and I have another history to tell. Once, I did need a good spanking, and my brother jumped and said to my mom: Mom, you can not spank that kid! He is mine! I got it as a Xmas present!...of course, we are still a very happy brothers! He just turned 70!...and my best friend!.
Thanks Greg.
Roberto.

Guys, chicos, it feel sooooo good to have such a marvelous and good friends! God Bless you all! and my wish is that the coming, fulfill all your needs, goals, and desires! Health and prosperity to all! You all know that I love the sound of ML. Every time I play the music, I am transported to heaven, same as you!. Keep playing your system, and listen your heart!...there is where the Lord lives!

Roberto my MLO friend. You have a preciously delicious gift with words to describe how music lifts and transports the soul to heavenly places. Few genres do it better than Christmas arias . Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday friend. You are a priceless member of this little community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gracias Greg...I wish I could speak more fluent English...but my vocabulary is very limited. Thank you for your kind words. Today, I am 67, and I do not feel myself old. But when I think that this is my best age, when I can say what ever I want, and not feel embarrassed because of it, I do realize that I am old.
I got a very nice present today...the wife really did a homework, finding her, what I was searching, looking, wanting to have new in my musical taste. She gave me three CDs by Anna Maria Jopek. Wow, what kind of singer. One CD, Pat Metheny is playing guitar with her and her group. And another with her musicians, (Bosa) on the track no. 8, the recording is breath taking. The dynamics of the piano, and also a bass clarinet, doing a great improvisation, made me to get goose bumps! Try to get this album, you will not regret it. I do not understand a bit what she is saying, because she is a polish girl, but her voice and her feeling is outstanding. Very spatial recording with a true holographic presentation. The timber of the cymbals, the arrange of the song, the quality of the musicians, if you like jazz, you will love this record. It is not new. It was recorded in the 2000...but one of the best in my system! Do your best Greg, again, if you like jazz, go for it! Regards from Costa Rica!@

Hola Dr.! Thanks! Now, I am a big boy, a super grandpa! Four by now.

About a little over month ago, got a clean ARC VT-100MKIII. I looked inside the PC Circuit Board, and never had being repaired. Then, after half a hour, the business was done.

When the comparison between the VTL ST-150 vs ARC VT-100MKIII was made, both were very good. Then, about a week ago, got the last two new capacitors. Just finished their installation, and its sound was horrible at the begining. I needed to break in the new capacitors at the input stage, made of Teflon, left it on, with computer music playing uninterrupted 24 hours, and the sound now is more liquid, well defined, deeper 3D and stable image. The tubes 6550Cs are singing along with my CLXs did and are doing a great job! You should give a CLXs a try! Really a wonderful, enjoyable, trully well balanced sound.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back