Speaker setup?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
I have a pair of summits and want to ask ur opinions on the ideal setup. They are now setup 27" from the side wall from the center of the panel. And 45" from the rear wall. According to martin Logan's suggested setup they should be 37" from the side and 59" from the rear wall I am using a stage center. My room size is 11'4" wide and 23' long and 8' high. I have a depth sub behind each summit in the corner. Crossings over at 30hz. I also have my video system in there! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Ps: my subs hardly ever turn on only with movies

You don't mention some specifics about room and speaker setup. How far apart are speakers? How far back is listening position, and how far is rear wall from listener? Room acoustics? In your size room I would be more concerned with bass response and taming room modes than ideal speaker positioning. Suggestion, if you can do it: bass traps. Lots of bass traps.

Sixty inches from the front wall is indeed optimum if you are going to allow the rear wave to reflect back into the room, whether diffused or not. If you can't get them out that far, you may want to consider experimenting with some absorption to improve imaging. If you can get them out close to five feet, diffusion behind the panels is optimum. Closeness to side walls is not as big of a deal with ML's, except potentially for bass response and perhaps directionality of the rear wave.

Generally speaking, though, I think you could say a minimum of three feet from the side walls and five feet from the front walls would be optimum for most rooms. But yours is so narrow that I don't think you could get them much further from the side walls.

given the room dimensions you are working with I'd say you have things pretty well set up. I agree with Rich, room acoustics can probably be addressed (bass traps, first point of reflection, etc)

Oh, Rich, he did give dimension for how far apart speakers are ………. 82" (center-to-center)

Back