Total System/Room Upgrade

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the XA has a more tubelike sound, as it outputs all Class A. But I think the X.5 series drives stat panels with more authority.

Based on everything I've read, that is correct. The X.5 is supposedly better with low impedance speakers.

I don't think you can beat a good tube amp with MLs Rich.

Hope it all turns out well and that elusive system pic... well... er... um... we're all waiting.

Actually you do realise you mustn't post it, don't you? Talk about spoiling the fun:ROFL:

I don't think you can beat a good tube amp with MLs Rich.

Hope it all turns out well and that elusive system pic... well... er... um... we're all waiting.

Actually you do realise you mustn't post it, don't you? Talk about spoiling the fun:ROFL:

Ha! DTB300, who unfortunately left the forum, once told me he would pay me NOT to post it (just because of all the people who were harassing me to do so). I do want to post it, though. I'm just a bit of a procrastinator and wanted the room to be completely finished before I posted. Anyway, I hope to be finished by mid-January. The holidays have set me back a few weeks. I'm getting the last of my stuff in now. Got some real traps diffusers in yesterday, an Outlaw Audio 7-channel amp coming today, and my last four DefTech speakers coming next week.

And yes, Justin. I agree. You really can't beat a good tube amp with ML's.

Ha! DTB300, who unfortunately left the forum, once told me he would pay me NOT to post it (just because of all the people who were harassing me to do so).

Rich, I miss Dan, he was a good contributor here.

And yes, Justin. I agree. You really can't beat a good tube amp with ML's.

why sure you can…………get a 'pair' (mono blocks) ! I must say, I'm more than pleased with my Rogue M-180's.

Rich, I miss Dan, he was a good contributor here.

why sure you can…………get a 'pair' (mono blocks) ! I must say, I'm more than pleased with my Rogue M-180's.

I miss Dan too. He was a good guy. And I do secretly wish the CJ Premier 140 was monoblocs instead of a stereo amp.

If it can be easily bridged, buy another one, and away you go with monoblocks.

Ha ha. I've already been looking at some 275 watt CJ monos on the 'gon just cause of that earlier post. Lets see. GATT preamp and Art Monos? Yeah, that sounds nice. :eek:

So rich. Not sure where you are at with this but lets hear a bit about the directstream. How does it compare to your other digital players. Really tempted w the PWD mkii.

So rich. Not sure where you are at with this but lets hear a bit about the directstream. How does it compare to your other digital players. Really tempted w the PWD mkii.

Timm, I am really excited about the directstream. I am still in the middle of installing everything (on hold for the holidays) and have barely had a chance to play it. Even without any burn-in, I can already detect something special. But it's going to take a few weeks before I get a chance to sit down and do some serious listening. I'll definitely update as I move further along.

Merry Christmas to all!

Ok. I'm holding you to it!! I'm excited for you too!!

sometime in mid to late January. After that, I promise you guys I'll take a bunch of pictures and post my damn system already!

Well Rich. It's officially "mid to late January".

Surely you've saved up enough money to finally buy a pair of second-hand Summits?

With a trade-in on your Bose system (they hold their value on the second hand market, don't they?), you might even get a neat changeover?

We're waiting :)
And waiting.

Last edited:
And, you'll just have to keep waiting Adam. As I said, I had HOPED to be finished by now, but the truth is I haven't even gotten back to the project since the holidays. Unfortunately, I do have a wife and child and a life outside of this forum and hobby. I have been dealing with other issues lately that have taken precedence. I am also still waiting on two pairs of speakers I ordered over a month ago. Hopefully I will get some time this week and next to put to it. My "to-do" list for finishing the project has about twenty major items on it, so there is still a bit of work to do. Will be sure to keep you updated as I make progress.

Well Rich. It's officially "mid to late January".

Surely you've saved up enough money to finally buy a pair of second-hand Summits?

With a trade-in on your Bose system (they hold their value on the second hand market, don't they?), you might even get a neat changeover?

We're waiting :)
And waiting.
Adam, ever the lawyer, Rich said "mid to late January", but he didn't say which year! :)

Dear Rich,

So how does this story end?

Did the room get finished? Did the Summits find their perfect distance from the front wall?

Ron

Back