SIMAUDIO Neo 330A

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobs

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this amp?

I am having a pair of Vanquish and a Stage X installed to replace my surrounds and C2 center. I am going to audition this amp while I am at it.

I currently run a Sunfire TGA-5400 which provides tons of power to my Montis, though I am curious as to how much the reduction in power will affect the sound as the Simaudio is 125/250 where the Sunfire is 400/800.

That is quite a dip in power.

Of course, my dealer says that I will love the sonics of Simaudio over the Sunfire.

Any opinions?

Last edited:
Coming from Moon, I bet it sounds pretty darn good.

I have never heard one before and am looking forward to giving it a spin.

At the same time, I am thinking that a McIntosh MC 8207 to replace the Sunfire may be a good purchase.

So I got the Moon home and it has only made me want two more powerful mono blocks :)

I will be speaking to my dealer tomorrow.

Sounds wonderful.

I switched to the Simaudio Evolution line after too many problems with my Krell gear...and I would never switch back. I hear the Neo gear is sensational and THE line to beat in it's class...I'm sure it is!!
So I got the Moon home and it has only made me want two more powerful mono blocks :)

I will be speaking to my dealer tomorrow.

Sounds wonderful.

So, I decided to keep the 330A. I will let it drive my Vanquishes when they are installed. I have also just ordered three Moon Simaudio 400m mono blocks to drive my Montis and Stage X.

Oh this hobby. :rocker:

At least I should be done with amplification for a long time. At least until I decide to add more channels.

So, I decided to keep the 330A. I will let it drive my Vanquishes when they are installed. I have also just ordered three Moon Simaudio 400m mono blocks to drive my Montis and Stage X.

Oh this hobby. :rocker:

At least I should be done with amplification for a long time. At least until I decide to add more channels.

Moon products are excellent. Very reliable and neutral to source and engaging. Just upgraded my 750D input board to hiRes and loving it. (Also enjoy P8/W7 and phono stage with separate power supply)

Have fun with it .... I am sure you will!

Bruce

Moon products are excellent. Very reliable and neutral to source and engaging. Just upgraded my 750D input board to hiRes and loving it. (Also enjoy P8/W7 and phono stage with separate power supply)

Have fun with it .... I am sure you will!

Bruce

Thanks Doug. I am really enjoying the 330A currently driving the Montis. I can only image how happy I will be with the 400m's.

Now I have to wait. I hate that part.

I am having my entire console changed out and re-desiging the entertainment hub a bit so I currently don't have room for them anyway. Nor do I have room for the Stage X I have sitting in the dining room. It's killing me to just look at it.

I connected it for a few minutes and there is no question that it is better than my C2 center. It will be driven a 400m also. I am very exited about how my front three may sound. Vanquishes are going to be my surrounds and they will be powered by the 330A.

I will post pics when all is all done.

I'm so excited! (cue Pointer Sisters)

Back