New guy from NC

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ever

Reaction score
Just got myself some ML speakers. 5.1 setup.

Going to do my home theater on my own and save the $1,500 I was quoted for what I wanted. Brand new home and now I'm going to put some holes on these nicely painted walls. Wish me luck (luck so my wife likes and approves). I don't have anything special just ML 30, 2 15s, 2 2s, and D 500 sub.

I fell in love with the ML sound and am just getting started.

Welcome, and as Steve already said, good luck on the installation. Measure twice and cut once.

I remember when we just moved into our place and my dad and I were cutting a hole in the side of the brand new house to install a pet door. I was a nervous wreck about it, not so much because I was concerned about cutting the hole as much as I was about incurring the wrath of She Who Must Be Obeyed should I f^€< it up! Took our time, it turned out well, and I lived to tell about it.

Enjoy the new system, but I'll warn you, it can be a slippery slope...

Everything but the surrounds are in. Man that was easy n am so glad I didn't pay $1,500 for that installation. The parts that troubled me were of course drilling holes in my floors n get between the outer walls n inner drywall. Went really well. The other part was hooking up the CAT 5 cable with the converters to HDMI. I think that was the easiest part. I'm not a fan of messing with electronics but I'm learning.
Still don't have the surround mounts. I ordered some off eBay but weren't long enough for the Motion 2s. Still looking for some to put on the ceiling (wife's choice not mine). Any ideas where I could find some?

Oh n thanks!

She Who Must Be Obeyed? Lmao! Hilarious!

Congrats on new system. Good luck with your installation and SWMBO approval. Where in NC is your home? I'm building my new home outside Wilmington NC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm just south of Sanford.
Could you imagine that she ALMOST convinced me in putting in Bose?! Lol

Back