Motion LX16/15 for fronts/mains in HT

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksas

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone is using Motion LX16 or Motion 15's for front channels in a HT setup for movies and wondering if they perform well for this or if they are better suited for music only. I have a new pair of LX16's that will be doing double duty for music and HT, I'm also going to be using a Motion 35XT as my center channel and hope this will integrate well with the LX16's.

Hola. They are also designed in mind for HT use. You will like them a lot. You are in the right track. Enjoy them!. The tweeter to me, is awesome. Clean, transparent sound, and very close to an electrostatic sound. Happy listening.

I'm doing the same thing but with a 30 center n 2s as surrounds. I fell in love with the sound. Almost got 20 or 40 towers but these lil bastards of the 15s put out a lot of sound for the money. 15s=1, 20s & 40s=0. In time my system will grow. How are you pushing your speakers?

I'm doing the same thing but with a 30 center n 2s as surrounds. I fell in love with the sound. Almost got 20 or 40 towers but these lil bastards of the 15s put out a lot of sound for the money. 15s=1, 20s & 40s=0. In time my system will grow. How are you pushing your speakers?

So you have 15's and a 30 for the fronts and motion 2's for surrounds? Actually that was exactly what I was going to do until I came across this deal on the LX16's and a used but practically new 35XT.

I'm in limbo right now as far as amplification, for now though the two LX16's are in my office for breakin period before they come home and are being pushed by a little 20w Lepai 2020A T amp! I still have my older Onkyo AVR in living room that is fine for my current setup but will get replaced with something else for 3 ML's (btw my surrounds are currently Mirage Nanosats, but may replace them also).
I'm really confused which direction I want to go with a new AVR, mostly because I'm also going to replace our TV soon and the whole 4k option s really screwing me up, especially this BS with HDCP 2.2.
But so far, if I don't worry about an AVR with 4k specs, then my first choice is the Emotiva Fusion 8100. Seems like an AVR with sound quality first without any bells and whistles. As for other choices, my budget I'd say is around $500-600 including the possibility of refurbished to allow for a higher end model for less cash.
I'm looking for 7 ch AVR 's with at least a Zone 2 out and I'd prefer to be able to find one that passes zone 2 audio from a digital source like HDMI, optical or coax and as far as I can tell, the Emotiva is the only one that can do that, all other mainstream AVR's the source needs to be analog for other zones.
Any recommendations?

Back