Odyssey help please please

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not familiar with the Rotel, but Frescos are easy to drive and you shouldn't have a problem there. The Logos is not as easy to drive, since it's a full range ESL, but I would guess that it should be ok too.

Really your Odysseys are the big challenge.

I'm not familiar with the Rotel, but Frescos are easy to drive and you shouldn't have a problem there. The Logos is not as easy to drive, since it's a full range ESL, but I would guess that it should be ok too.

Really your Odysseys are the big challenge.

I got the Odysseys problem out of the way. I'll let you know sometimes today, waiting on my friend for the acct. I bought the Logos and wait for it to be ship. I don't know if the Rotel will handle it

You could use some new speaker cables too.. The ones in those pics are so small... think of your amp like a water pump and the speaker cables are the pipes. The pipes need to be thick for more water to flow and the pump needs to be as big also.

AUDIOQUEST:

Length. Rocket 44. Rocket 88.
72vDBS.
Single Bi Wire. Single Bi Wire.
6 feet . $379. $700.
7 feet . $409. $750.
8 feet . $439. $800.

Conclusion:
Audioquest Rocket 88 better than Rocket 44 since features 72v DBS. Single Bi Wire or SBW recommended by me. Buy direct from Audioquest. I do not know with precision but after few years DBS will wear out and need replacement. Or batteries may be replaced with new.

MUSICDIRECT:

Length. Audioquest Retail Price Book. MusicDirect.
Columbia interconnects.
XLR and RCA. XLR and RCA.
0.5 meter. $420. $ 250.
1.0 meter. $495. $300.
1.5 meter. $570. $350.

Conclusion:
Buy direct from Music Direct not Audioquest. Choice of XLR or RCA depends on input connections of power amp. and output + input connections of preamp and output connection of CD player.
XLR connectors are of more than one type. When buying different company amplifiers care must be taken about connectivity of amps using XLR cable.
Please point out mistake if I am wrong but output impedance of preamp must be approx. 10% of input impedance of power amp. This check to be performed when buying separates from different firms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received a krell showcase processor today and I wanna update a little on the odyssey. I hooked the krell up to a temp PA amp QSC to see if it produces any better in sound compare to what I used before, a pioneer elite. I was like wowwww...It is much better already. The mid is so clear and strong, the sound is more live. Can't wait for the pass labs from Tom to arrive to see what it brings.

It really boggles my mind that you will be using Odysseys (with Tom's amp) for karaoke. I would have gone with a far cheaper option as sound quality is not paramount for karaoke.

It really boggles my mind that you will be using Odysseys (with Tom's amp) for karaoke. I would have gone with a far cheaper option as sound quality is not paramount for karaoke.

Well, i do bout 40/10 on karaoke and music, 50% on HT so getting a good amp at least i know it will be good for anything i play

Last edited:
I am very excited by the prospect of your using TomDac's amp in your audio system.

Please do give all of us feedback on audio quality once you have connected all three.

That is Odysseys, Pass labs and Krell.

Have Fun!

Wow, that is going to be one hell of a karaoke system!!!

You will have a solid system with Passlabs and Krell. I used a Krell Showcase processor and 5-ch amp (bi-amping and bi-wiring the Odysseys) for the first 5 years of Odyssey ownership and never had a problem.

Will find out soon. Hmmmm get some earplugs ready, my wife gonna abuse my ears if the system too good, but that is a way for me to upgrade gentlement lol...

Back