MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amabrok

Reaction score
Hello MLO's, glad to be a member here!

I'm the happy owner of ML Electromotion ESL (only for stereo music playback) and in the process of upgrading to ML Montis

Hola and welcome. Best buy and choice. Montis model is to my ears, one of the ML product so far. Happy listening!

Welcome ! I wholeheartedly agree with Roberto on your choice in the Montis since I own the predecessor Spire

Glad to report that the Montis are in my system :) and indeed they are awesome!

Hola Amabrok. There are a little tricks to make them to sing better. The quality of the audio gear components and also the cables. Expensive gear not necessary means good sound. You have to match the electronics to your needs and taste. Here, you will find a lot of members who have the Montis, and use a lot of different stuff, and they are getting wonderful results. As an example, to my ears, ML loves silver for speaker cable and Interconnects. Many of us, use tube gear, but you will find that certain brands of SS are specially designed to drive the difficult load of the stat panel. Remember that the panes behavior is like a big capacitor, not an inductor, as the cone speaker is. To drive the stat panel, must be a very stable design. Usually three types of technologies are available: Tubes, SS and Class D.

Speaker placement is very important. Also, the tilt and rake angle where you are seated. Your Montis are very easy to adjust the bass energy to your seat. Remember the general rule: Where you liked, bring the knob at -2dB less and that's the position. Happy listening!

Thanks Roberto! much appreciated

I agree, the challenge (and in the same time the opportunity) with ML panels (being a dipole and a line source) is placement. As we speak I know that my Montis is not optimally placed in my room considering limitations of my room and also so many glass/windows surfaces. However the good news is that i will be moving to a new place very soon and there i will have a dedicated music room where i believe i will have more options in terms of placement and controlling room acoustics.

Will report back once the move is completed

Back