Summits turn off/?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Question powering down summits? The one summit when i unplug it makes no noise at all when I unplugged the other one it makes a loud thump can anyone tell me which one is correct? Also I have a depth sub that i can hear humming from my listening chair then at times it gets louder! Any ideas? Thanks

It's is hard for me to believe that on this site that no one knows if this a defect or normal!!

Mine do not make any noise when being turned off. Your depth humming is probably a ground loop issue - try to use a ground lift plug going into the wall and see if it goes away. If not, it may be from whatever is feeding the sub.

when you unplug your Summitts have they had time to 'power down' themselves from lack of signal or are you speaking of unplugging them immediately after you stop playing ?

Summits

when you unplug your Summitts have they had time to 'power down' themselves from lack of signal or are you speaking of unplugging them immediately after you stop playing ?

Twich54:the summits are completely powered down (overnite) and when I unplug the summit is when I get the thump!

Ok then ………. since my Spire's only make a 'mild thump' after they go into stand by mode from lack of signal and nothing what so ever when unplugged something is obviously different with yours ………….

Depth

Mine do not make any noise when being turned off. Your depth humming is probably a ground loop issue - try to use a ground lift plug going into the wall and see if it goes away. If not, it may be from whatever is feeding the sub.

Tried the ac adapter on the depth it was louder and the cones vibrated!

Back