My Hometown…………. Buffalo, NY ……….. a nice place to be from !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Larry (Repman) and I have been discussing on another forum the past couple of days mess back up in our home town of Buffalo, as I like to remind those folks down here in SE Pa…….. I've seen more snow in a week that most have seen in a lifetime !

Check out post#4 on the attached link …………..

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/foru...orum/1226450-buffalo-snow-storm-pictures.html

West Seneca, and that's not the hardest hit part of the storm !!

Heard it was quite intense. Some were stranded for 36 hours and heard the same song of Taylor Swift on radio a 100 times - Seth Myers

I have good friends who live on the north side of the lake.. They have only about a foot of snow. The lake effect is very weird.

Yeah, Buffalo and Oswego, two of the snowiest places in NY. They both get dumped on from that lake effect snow! My son-in-law is from Oswego. He loves it down here in the Austin area and doesn't own a snow shovel!

Dave , its been crazy there I have friends who have no place left to put the snow they are shoveling , supposed to be 60 on Monday now they are worried about flooding .

Glad to be in Dixie for the last 20 yrs but I still go back for> Bocce Pizza, Andersons Custard , Teds Hots , Duffs wings , Swistons Beef on weck they still have the best bad for you food on earth in Buffalo !

Yeah, Buffalo and Oswego, two of the snowiest places in NY.

Steve, back in '66 I was living outside of Syracuse, the first weekend in Feb we were hit with a three day storm that dumped 5 feet of snow on Syracuse…….Fulton, NY (just down the road from Oswego) received 110 inches !! that's right ….in just three days !!

Dave , its been crazy there I have friends who have no place left to put the snow they are shoveling , supposed to be 60 on Monday now they are worried about flooding .

Glad to be in Dixie for the last 20 yrs but I still go back for> Bocce Pizza, Andersons Custard , Teds Hots , Duffs wings , Swistons Beef on weck they still have the best bad for you food on earth in Buffalo !

Larry I hear you………..although for custard, Abbott's of Rochester is tops in my book ! Schwabels of West Seneca was a fav of mine for beef on weck

Steve, back in '66 I was living outside of Syracuse, the first weekend in Feb we were hit with a three day storm that dumped 5 feet of snow on Syracuse…….Fulton, NY (just down the road from Oswego) received 110 inches !! that's right ….in just three days !!

I well remember the Blizzard of '66. Very little in the city moved except for people and sleds. It brought out a striking display of camaraderie and mutual helpfulness.

Every winter I ask myself, "Why do I live here?" But every summer I ask myself, "Why would I want to live anywhere else?"

In 1959 I moved to Syracuse from Austin, Texas. I've never regretted it.

Latest posts

Back