Strange Audiogon transaction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad225

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't sold anything on Audiogon for a year or two and I know things have changed there, but.

I sold a preamp this weekend and at the same time the buyer sent the funds to my PayPal account Audiogon automaticly paid themself $37 that was going to be owed to them. All I got was an email notice that my PayPal account had sent them funds. In fact as soon as the person hit the "buy now" tab, Audiogon notified me I owed them money even without the sale being completed.

That being said it did sell within 8 hours of posting so no complaints about the effectiveness of the site.

I fully intended to send the money I agreed to but taking the funds out of my account is a bit odd.

Do any of you know if this is typical now for Audiogon.

"Do any of you know if this is typical now for Audiogon."

Brad, yes this is the new AudiogoN. They announced this about a year ago and implemented it about 6 months ago, IIRC. I buy and sell LOTS on AudiogoN and they find every way they can to charge you. They claim they had too many people that weren't paying their fees, so they started charging you as soon as the piece sells. They also have different price fee structures. The old days of AudiogoN are gone. :(

Back