Back to Iraq?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
So if you haven't heard, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has recommended bringing back ground troops to apparently solve an internal political situation which we were unable to resolve in the past and again have no control over, that being the Iraqi leaders inability to unite the main religious factions in that country under a "common cause".

I wonder why we cannot learn from history and our previous mistakes and why USA apparently feels it is our duty to do so?

Vietnam redux anyone.

Suffice to say, I'm somewhat speechless. :confused:

GG

Hi Gordon,

There's no easy answer to such a complex situation. In many ways, regardless of what we do or don't do, we're damned. :meditate:

Last edited:
Hi Gordon,

There's no easy answer to such a complex situation. In many ways, regardless of what we do or don't do, we're damned. :meditate:

Agree.

And I'll add that controversial topics are always controversial for a reason - there are damned good arguments on both sides.

Everytime you thought you were out, they pull you back in

So if you haven't heard, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has recommended bringing back ground troops to apparently solve an internal political situation which we were unable to resolve in the past and again have no control over, that being the Iraqi leaders inability to unite the main religious factions in that country under a "common cause".

I wonder why we cannot learn from history and our previous mistakes and why USA apparently feels it is our duty to do so?

Vietnam redux anyone.

Suffice to say, I'm somewhat speechless. :confused:

GG

Hi Gordon!
Selected a very controversial topic. In commerce, finance or business decisions wealth maximization guides decision making. In other areas ethics could provide an answer.

Latest posts

Back