Harry Pearson of tas has passed away.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FoxMulder

Reaction score
Harry Pearson passed away last evening. I know a lot of people didn't like him, but he and his publication was what got me not only into this hobby, but into the high-end business.

I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with him several times early on in my career and pursuit of the elusive "absolute sound". He always took the time to answer my questions and taught me about music and how to listen.

He will be missed.

R.I.P. Harry...you were one of a kind.

TAS, under HP's guidance, allowed me to advance my appreciation of reproduced music and get me where I am today, which, by the way, is a very happy camper.

A great loss for hi end audio IMHO.

Great loss indeed. I enjoy TAS and I always thought of him as someone who advanced our hobby.

Rip.

Great loss indeed. I enjoy TAS and I always thought of him as someone who advanced our hobby.

Rip.
Me too. I stopped reading TAS after he left.

I used to really enjoy his photography on the back cover when the magazine was in the small format.

Me too. I stopped reading TAS after he left.

I used to really enjoy his photography on the back cover when the magazine was in the small format.

Me too Bernard. I recently went through all of my old magazines and donated pretty much everything except my print versions of HiFi+ and small format Abso!ute Sound to a local library. HP pretty much (along with J Gordon Holt), invented the language we and most current professional reviewers use to describe what we hear when listening to equipment and music. I never met him, but sat near him on a plane from New York to Denver prior to RMAF a few years ago. He will be missed.

One of the best reviewers on Mother Earth. I missed his advices regarding our beloved hobby. I met him at the SCES at Chicago once. Great person with golden ears. Rest In Peace!

Put it this way, HP did more for audiophilia than you or I ever will. And that's a fact.

Definitely rest in peace.

Miss him like I do Serblin. 2 lost in a short amount of time.

I'm very sorry to hear the news. I only just started reading his new magazine, 'The High Fidelity Report'. I was looking forward to reading his contributions to the magazine.

Tim, I thought the comment about HP ordering expensive wine was petty. If he had made the same comment (and others) while HP was alive (and able to defend himself), I would have had no problem with it.

Back