Neolith North American Tour

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that the Neolith's will be at our showroom for the midwest unveiling on December 18th. Personnel from Martin Logan will be on hand to answer any questions. The event is from 3-8pm. We are located across the street from the Oakbrook mall.

And your store and location would be????? How long will they be wherever you are?? 1 day .. 1 week... For a lot longer? :)

Combining Summits with Magneplanar Tympani IV bass panels and rotary subwoofer
will provide a huge soundstage, "wall of sound", bass that will trounce the Neolith.
The Neolith's use cone woofers and are not the same as dipoles and will not give one
that feeling of great space and ambience, and most importantly "coherence", that
this combination can provide!

I wasn't the one who claimed that one is superior than the other.

I have heard neither.

Therefore, I have no opinion.

I was simply asking a question.

Fair point Gordon.

A Thigpen will slaughter the Neolith for extension. I've never heard an ESL mated to planar magnetic bass but I always thought it'd be an interesting idea. I wonder how well it would all really blend together. It might be seriously good.

Fair point Gordon.

A Thigpen will slaughter the Neolith for extension.

I have Velodyne DD-18 Plus' which are -3dB at 14 Hz and you could say the Thigpen will slaughter them too but to what end. I probably have only a couple of disks/albums/blu rays with any content down to 16 Hz. I don't know, maybe the cannons in the 1812 Overture?

Gary

Sorry for the late reply. Tom gave all of our info, I didn't know what I was allowed to post or not here. The speakers are arriving tomorrow and will take some time to setup. I will know better tomorrow how long they are staying, my guess is through the weekend.

The Neolith's have arrived safe and sound, they are playing as I type. They are awesome in person, pictures do not do them justice. If you are in the area, stop on by and take a look and listen.

IMG_20141216_184435.jpg

Speakers in the room playing, final adjustments will be made tomorrow for Thursday's event. Looks like Meteor Grey to me. Gear being used is obviously McIntosh, C2500 preamp, 601 mono amps, MCD550 CD player, MEN220 room correction, MPC1500 power conditioner, and MB100 Media Bridge. All Audioquest Wild Blue Yonder interconnects and speaker cables.

hello Noah,
Dennis and i have done a bunch of shows using Mac at many of them. A suggestion is to try the 8 ohm tap. Many (not all) times, the 8 has had the biggest soundstage, best dynamics. good looking rig, should sound dandy.
Enjoy and have fun with Dennis.

Good afternoon all,

Peter, thanks for the tip. We have been playing with the settings and yes, 8 ohms seems best with the speakers. Dennis is always a blast to hang out with. :)

Suresh, we will have everything in the big theater room as we can accommodate the most people there. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

View attachment 17622

Speakers in the room playing, final adjustments will be made tomorrow for Thursday's event. Looks like Meteor Grey to me. Gear being used is obviously McIntosh, C2500 preamp, 601 mono amps, MCD550 CD player, MEN220 room correction, MPC1500 power conditioner, and MB100 Media Bridge. All Audioquest Wild Blue Yonder interconnects and speaker cables.

Noah

Saw your post and thought you were a private individual who just bought the neoliths... I was like you're a badass man.

Then saw that this was at your dealership, so even though less than a badass, still nice to see these big guys where we can demo them.

One of the reasons I'm not happy that I'm not headed to Chicago for this Christmas season... would've loved to audition these big monsters.

They are very good Joey. Bonzo less convinced than me I think, but I like them a lot, price withstanding, but who cares about that?:ROFL:

They are very good Joey. Bonzo less convinced than me I think, but I like them a lot, price withstanding, but who cares about that?:ROFL:

Price withstanding... Lol... Yeah you're a real hoot to my bank account!

Back