System #490 (Montis)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktl

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Kari

2. Location: Finland

3. ML Model(s): Martin-Logan Montis and Motif X

4. Year Purchased: 2013

5. Associated Electronics: Denon AVR 4520, Denon DBT-3313 UD Universal Audio/Video player,
McIntosh MC 501 monoblock power amplifiers, Velodyne DD 15, Apple TV

6. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: I’ve been a huge fan of Martin Logan speakers ever since I saw them at a local hifi show many years ago.

When I decided to build this dedicated home theater/listening room Martin Logan’s were the obvious choice since the room is very narrow, but quite long. I had to place them near the side walls which doesn’t seem to matter a lot since I have placed self-made acoustic panels along the side walls to remove slap echo and first reflections. The speakers are now about 6 feet from the front wall and the soundstage is excellent and sound very detailed and clean. Somehow Logans don’t mind the side wall and the sound actually gets worse if I move them away from the sidewalls.

Thanks to JonFo and others from this forum I have managed to get Montis to sound excellent in this rather small room.

Attachments

• rsz_img_1921.jpg
    rsz_img_1921.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 632
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Brad! I'll try to post more pics soon. Your system looks great! Beautiful room.

Welcome aboard Kari ! Nice Mac driven set up you have (I too like my Velo DD15)

Thanks Dave! I really like the Montis sound with the Macs. Yep, I saw that you have a Velo DD15 as well and much more REALLY great equipment. How do you like the GIK Tri-Traps? I've been planning to order few of those to the back of the room.

Awesome room. It just goes to show (as Roberto is always happy to point out!) you don't need a big room to enjoy the Martin Logan sound.

Latest posts

Back