OK! Esoteric K1 is the winner. ==• now we need to move to the speaker!!!!!}{[]>

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Formally declined on the TAD Ref1 as of this morning... Watch for it to go on audiogon.

Yeah. I have a pair of Cary 211 Founders Edition monoblocks waiting here in my room.

Then I will have the Esoteric K1.

I just wasn't sure about the 800 Diamonds after I heard the Strads. If I didn't like the Strads, at $14,400 I would jumped on the 800 Diamonds. But alas, it was not yet meant to be. I gotta hash this out over the next few months.

Rockports next.

I think the ML Summit Xs are much better then either speakers. Why don't you get them?

I think the ML Summit Xs are much better then either speakers. Why don't you get them?

I've owned Summits. Also planning to probably getting them back in the house.

But that statement for me is not true. I prefer the Strads.

Lol. Expect some k01 on the gon as people dump their ex

Ok Joey. I am here to harass you about your progress... I mean what are audioholics for??? I am on a mission as well by mid 2015. I am going to audition the 20.7 in late December. I am quite confident that they are on my horizon post bonus and tax return. :). I am going to hear them for the fun of it all with my son and brother. It will be a 4 hr drive - but what the heck. That will give us a lot of time to talk about them.

Re your Strads. I actually do think about 'your Strads '. As u know I mentioned up the thread that I auditioned them and thinking about what you liked and I liked about them - the thought is that the carys will bring even more of what you love out of them. I heard them off the G150 new ARC amp which I believe is supposed to have a tad warmer/tube like signature compared to other ARC amps. I think that bodes well for your Cary combo.

Ok Joey. I am here to harass you about your progress... I mean what are audioholics for??? I am on a mission as well by mid 2015. I am going to audition the 20.7 in late December. I am quite confident that they are on my horizon post bonus and tax return. :). I am going to hear them for the fun of it all with my son and brother. It will be a 4 hr drive - but what the heck. That will give us a lot of time to talk about them.

Re your Strads. I actually do think about 'your Strads '. As u know I mentioned up the thread that I auditioned them and thinking about what you liked and I liked about them - the thought is that the carys will bring even more of what you love out of them. I heard them off the G150 new ARC amp which I believe is supposed to have a tad warmer/tube like signature compared to other ARC amps. I think that bodes well for your Cary combo.

Timm, I think you are going to really like the new Maggie's. In the January TAS, they received a great review. Though I didn't agree with everything the reviewer said, it was a very good review overall.:rocker:

Hi Steve. Yes... I saw that. Have u heard the 20.7? What did u disagree with? I will be going around dec 29/30 and will report back. I have been anxious about the 20 for 10 years and when the new model came - it became unbearable. But we shall see. I was impressed with the 3.7 and I am building a room in the basement 18x30 to hold these beasts.

Yeah Steve - what did you disagree with?

Yo Timmy!!

Regarding my progress... I am ready willing and able. Money is burning in my pocket for a good used pair to pop up.

I have a goal this 2015:
1. Get the Strads and the Esoteric K1 (or K3 if good deal).
2. Get back my Summits from Tom el presidente for the game room (adjacent to the media stereo room)... what better than listening to Logans and then back to the Strads anytime I want to???
3. Get another pair of speakers for the family room - probably british. Probably some Bowers lower end stuff. Or maybe a Cremona used... but kinda don't want to overdo the whole Italian thing. Maybe a used focal 1027 or perhaps some good paradigm signatures.

Hi Steve. Yes... I saw that. Have u heard the 20.7? What did u disagree with? I will be going around dec 29/30 and will report back. I have been anxious about the 20 for 10 years and when the new model came - it became unbearable. But we shall see. I was impressed with the 3.7 and I am building a room in the basement 18x30 to hold these beasts.

Hi Timm, can you also check out Analysis Audio Omega or Amphitryon? They are far superior to the Maggie 3.x, and are similar family, so it will be interesting to know how it compares to the 20.x

Hi Timm, can you also check out Analysis Audio Omega or Amphitryon? They are far superior to the Maggie 3.x, and are similar family, so it will be interesting to know how it compares to the 20.x

I will give it a shot bonzo. I need to find them around michigan

I will give it a shot bonzo. I need to find them around michigan

Timm, Give Mike at Analysis Audio USA
Mountainside, New Jersey
Tel: + 908-233-0988

a call - He is the distributor. You won't regret it. Those who have heard these think these are the best panels by far, better than Apogees (apart from Justin :)), definitely better than Maggies, I can point you at a guy who owned both these and Soundlab Majestics, and yesterday I heard Soundlab ultimates. No comparison. They will be more expensive than Maggie 20s, but you will get them in the used market if you wait a bit.

Jerry didn't like the Analysis Audio Omega when they last appeared at Bristol, Kedar. That was from a classical man too!

Reset your assertions!

Timm I do agree with Kedar the Omega is definitely worth tracking down. It is a better made speaker than a Maggie. Any Maggie really. Doesn't mean you won't prefer the Maggies though - it is each to their own in this game.

Last edited:
hey joey -- see my pm.....

ahh... yes.. tracking it down (analysis omega).. that is the tough part.... One distributor in the US in Jersey.... made in Greece.... I will be headed to chicago in a couple weeks (4hr drive) to listen to the maggies... and quite frankly the 20.7 is really at the top end of my budget.....uh... I think....

listened to Strads/Mac line array / 802Ds today.... the Mac line array was special - I think they are in the google buck category - I didn't ask... but, they are about 7' tall and really do bring the symphony to you .... I liked them a lot.... maybe the best I have heard..... I am not sure if they got the depth right... still not sure about that.....it may have been a psychoacoustic thing as you are looking at these two enormous towers....

The Strads: were incredible again.... lots of presence/air/dimension/coherence.....nice low end... vocals were special as well.... I thought they would be a little colored - I found that they were not... Compared to the 802D - the vocals were clearer / had more dimension / and were more articulate.... Hands down - Strads were the winner here.... Strings on the Strads are quite frankly - to die for... they look like a violin... they sound like a violin - go figure... Interestingly enough - as I said in one of my last reviews of the Wilsons Alexandria xlf - I was not a fan of them....I liked the Strads better for my application.... The Mac array is a different story.... coherent - music presented as a complete whole ...... and presentation was stupendous as well given their size etc....I'd be interested if anyone has heard these....I was impressed....

Off to chicago in a couple of weeks ... I now have a couple of statement speakers I can do a mental compare with... very nice.

Tim!

Strads are fantastic. Glad to hear you also thought they bested the Diamonds. That's what I thought also but did not hear them back to back.

Regarding the large macs... Is this the same one that Ivan has??

hey joey -- see my pm.....

ahh... yes.. tracking it down (analysis omega).. that is the tough part.... One distributor in the US in Jersey.... made in Greece.... I will be headed to chicago in a couple weeks (4hr drive) to listen to the maggies... and quite frankly the 20.7 is really at the top end of my budget.....uh... I think....

listened to Strads/Mac line array / 802Ds today.... the Mac line array was special - I think they are in the google buck category - I didn't ask... but, they are about 7' tall and really do bring the symphony to you .... I liked them a lot.... maybe the best I have heard..... I am not sure if they got the depth right... still not sure about that.....it may have been a psychoacoustic thing as you are looking at these two enormous towers....

The Strads: were incredible again.... lots of presence/air/dimension/coherence.....nice low end... vocals were special as well.... I thought they would be a little colored - I found that they were not... Compared to the 802D - the vocals were clearer / had more dimension / and were more articulate.... Hands down - Strads were the winner here.... Strings on the Strads are quite frankly - to die for... they look like a violin... they sound like a violin - go figure... Interestingly enough - as I said in one of my last reviews of the Wilsons Alexandria xlf - I was not a fan of them....I liked the Strads better for my application.... The Mac array is a different story.... coherent - music presented as a complete whole ...... and presentation was stupendous as well given their size etc....I'd be interested if anyone has heard these....I was impressed....

Off to chicago in a couple of weeks ... I now have a couple of statement speakers I can do a mental compare with... very nice.

Back