OK! Esoteric K1 is the winner. ==• now we need to move to the speaker!!!!!}{[]>

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Seems like I just was not fast enough to pull the trigger on the audiogon ad for BW k800 Diamonds. Now I have to wait again. There is a Sonus Faber Stradivari on audiogon for approx $ 20,000 but I want it lower .

I am trying to audition some Rockports Atria and Avior alongside the 800 Diamonds in a grudge match.

Then some more auditions till I'm ready to pull the trigger on a lovely pair for me.

Seems like I just was not fast enough to pull the trigger on the audiogon ad for BW k800 Diamonds. Now I have to wait again. There is a Sonus Faber Stradivari on audiogon for approx $ 20,000 but I want it lower .

I am trying to audition some Rockports Atria and Avior alongside the 800 Diamonds in a grudge match.

Then some more auditions till I'm ready to pull the trigger on a lovely pair for me.

Joey. Did u ever settle in on the amp? I know u have the slp05...

Joey. Did u ever settle in on the amp? I know u have the slp05...

Yeah. I have a pair of Cary 211 Founders Edition monoblocks waiting here in my room.

Then I will have the Esoteric K1.

I just wasn't sure about the 800 Diamonds after I heard the Strads. If I didn't like the Strads, at $14,400 I would jumped on the 800 Diamonds. But alas, it was not yet meant to be. I gotta hash this out over the next few months.

Rockports next.

Yeah. I have a pair of Cary 211 Founders Edition monoblocks waiting here in my room.

Then I will have the Esoteric K1.

I just wasn't sure about the 800 Diamonds after I heard the Strads. If I didn't like the Strads, at $14,400 I would jumped on the 800 Diamonds. But alas, it was not yet meant to be. I gotta hash this out over the next few months.

Rockports next.

Wow. Me likey. I love the Cary sound. I have the slp98p. I think in the end the speaker is going to be a synergy thang.

Wow. Me likey. I love the Cary sound. I have the slp98p. I think in the end the speaker is going to be a synergy thang.

Yeah I'm hoping it'll be nice.

I was thinking of going quadruple 211 FE, biamping each speaker. I spoke to Cary and they said that would be phenomenal, but I just wasn't sure just yet given that I don't even have the speaker just yet. Plus, there are logistic issues like an external crossover for the BW 800 Diamonds.. and also, the Sonus Faber Strads only have a single set of speaker inputs.

But I can just see it now.... 4 monoblock amps... hmmmm... :devil:

Hi Joey_V,

Have listened to the Electromotion loudspeakers. They are good value for the money. They are entry-level.

I think you will be very satisfied with CLX loudspeakers. The rest of your system is very high quality or high end and all together should really unleash the full potential of great sounding CLX loudspeakers.

Just my subjective opinion.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy some CLXs and be done with it. There is nary a better speaker overall IMO and this is the MLO forum after all!

Yes, you know you want this...
Neolith-III.jpg

What model is this? See PS.

Very attractive speaker. I love the color.

Given the doc's preference for a dynamic speaker, I'd check out.

FWIW, street talk is that buyers of used units who have tried to contact manufacturer have not been well received. Don't know what that means.

GG

PS: S5

Last edited:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Funny you mention Rockports because I just heard the mighty Aviors today.

I will hold judgement after I hear them again.

My pic shows the mighty 800 Diamonds back to back with the also mighty Aviors. It was a dream room.

Last edited:
Back