OK! Esoteric K1 is the winner. ==• now we need to move to the speaker!!!!!}{[]>

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also budget $40k for a Datasat/Trinnov processor, and $10k for some small used surround speakers. You are going to need it after you hear it, especially with a non-horn speaker

No need to get into dispute over piece of gear..
If financial reasoning is the issue - just buy second hand - same quality, less money or same money, more quality :rocker:
You get what you want + wife's approval :bowdown:

Yeah, I told my wife these were a bargain. Coming home to daddy this Sunday... when I'll finally get to hear them with the "correct" kit, LOL.

DSC01262.JPG

Kedar should get to hear them I expect!

The Cary 306 is a really good sounding player. Least it sounded that way to me with some big Tidal loudspeakers and an Absoluta Partenope amp.

Could do a lot worse Joey.

Thanks Justin. I think so also.

Am pursuing a Puccini in the UK?

Any thoughts?

The new Aps look awesome.

Gordon

Thanks Justin. I think so also.

Am pursuing a Puccini in the UK?

Any thoughts?

The new Aps look awesome.

Gordon

Personally I'm not keen on DCS sound - on any of their units. And I have heard plenty of them.

However if you have heard one and like it a lot then PM me the details and I'll check out the source if you want. See if I know anything about the supplier.

One other thought is obviously import tax and shipping.

Bernard,

Would need to be done at the dCS factory. Good news is that it's located in the UK, which is where the seller is.

If I pursue, these are some of the details that need to be addressed.

Gordon

Personally I'm not keen on DCS sound - on any of their units. And I have heard plenty of them.

However if you have heard one and like it a lot then PM me the details and I'll check out the source if you want. See if I know anything about the supplier.

One other thought is obviously import tax and shipping.

Thank you my friend.

Could you elaborate on what you don't like?

What versions of the Puccini have you heard and did it include the "clock"?

Seller says he will pay for ship and insurance.

I may very well take you up on your offer to check out the source. Any help on your end of the pond would be most appreciated. Ad is on the Gon.

Sorry to hijack the thread Joey.

Best,

Gordon

You have asked me for my opinion and I hope you understand that I am going to be honest in my response.

I find the house sound, across all the units I have heard, to be overly smooth. As a consequence, I find it unengaging. I've always found that, no matter what the unit. They appear with regularity at shows over here, usually the top models.

Sure there is lots of detail. Can't slam them for that. And the Puccini is stunning to look at/is beautifully made.

That is an extraordinary price. No f/b seller and not a dealer by the looks of things. A little risky I would say. There's a couple on ebay Germany including one with the external clock but they are far more expensive.

Proceed with caution!:)

I don't.Like even the vivaldi. GG, why don't you audition the lampi in the US? I strongly believe those who prefer Logan and mbl type of sound will prefer it.

Thank you Justin and Bonzo.

I value both of your opinions very much and given the fact that I would buy without a return option, I think I'll sit tight for the moment.

Life, transparency, and punch (the combination equaling engagement) are all very important aspects to me.

Gordon

Last edited:
Never was really interested in cables....

Don't want to reignite an old, contentious topic but you may be surprised what a difference they make. IMHO, a very important detail especially given the quality of gear you are purchasing.

I would recommend that you at least consider some of the lower end cables from various hi-end cable companies or upper end models from other companies. Can research other threads for particulars. Then there's FATWYRE aka The Cable Company that has a vast inventory of many cable manufacturers that you can try out in your system before committing to purchase.

And vibration control, on all gear, can make dramatic differences in the final sound. Been there, done that.

Good luck amigo.

GG

Vibration control is key.

GG, the whole dcs Elgar stack is also available used cheap, though I don't like it

Back