New ML owner overseas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smbala99

Reaction score
I am a new ML owner from Romania. I found out about the ML Owners website on the net and decided to join in order to improve my knowledge and user experience with my new audio setup.
I started from scratch and somehow disorderly in my purchases: first I got a Kuzma StabiXL4 turntable with a 4Point tonearm and a Dynavector cartrdige. Second came an Octave preamplifier with a dedicated Phonostage from the same manufacturer. Third I recently purchased a set of different ML speakers to be arranged in a home theater setup. All ML speakers came in the same transport: a pair of Summit X (on the front), a pair of Montis (on the back), a pair of ML subwoofers to be paired with the Summits upfront and a StageX center speaker.
I have just ordered the digital transports from MSB and I will wait for those to be delivered in a couple of weeks.
My next step in finalizing my setup would be to get "good" amplifiers for a home theater setup with ML speakers I described above. I prefer tube amplifiers as far as in the main (different) listening room I have an 845 Mastersound tube amplifier I enjoy listening to every evening.
I examined thoroughly the discussion threads regarding pairing ML speakers with tube amplifiers on the website and I understood there is wide indecision about this.
I also made my enquiries on the net and in some showrooms of high-end audio equipment in Bucharest and I presently consider (undecided) between VTL MB450 monoblocks and McIntosh 2301 monoblocks to drive the Summits. Either of these should then be paired with other amplifiers for the pair of Montis on the back and StageX in the center (McIntosh?).

I look forward to getting some advice and opinions from the experienced ML owners :D

Thanks!

Hi this is interesting. Are you using your multichannel set up to listen to music, especially classical?

As for tube amps, I owned Audio Research Reference amps. VTL, CJ, are in a similar class. What will blow all these away are the NAT Audio from Serbia, and you will be able to pick them up directly from the manufacturer. The pre costs 3k Eur, and is superior to the ARC 5SE. While their power amps (SET monoblocks of 120w each) were rated as 1, I wouldn't advise them if you have family running around as they get very hot and have high voltages running through them. But if you have a separate room, by all means...

Latest posts

Back