Apogee/ listen

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
I went to a friends house that has an apogee full range speaker system he bought in the 80's below is what his system consist of it sounded fantastic. Now I can see why whoever he is on this site is in love with them and restores them and likes them so much. Quite an enjoyable experience !

Turntable: SOTA Star Sapphire
Tone arm: Eminent Technology Air Bearing ET-1 (?)
Cartridge: Carnegie Madrigal (low output moving coil)
CD player/deck: SONY 707ESD (digital output into Theta DA converter)
DA converter: Theta DSP1.0 (modified)
Preamp: Audio Research SP-11
Speakers: Apogee (full range originals)
Crossover: Apogee Active Crossover
Power amp (for midrange & treble): Audio Research D250 MkII Servo
Power amp (for bass): Krell KSA-100 (direct drive to Apogee bass ribbon)
Cassette deck (very seldom used): Nakamichi dragon

The whoever is Justin (User211). His speakers are whatever. And he listens to them whenever

That sounds like a real blast from the past!

I'd love to hear a pair of Full Range. You're very lucky I am sure not too many people have witnessed Full Ranges in action. I am very jealous, though I wonder what sort of state his ribbons are in after all this time if they are original. They may be capable of a lot more with new ones!

Have you got any pics?

The whoever is Justin (User211). His speakers are whatever. And he listens to them whenever
Justin's speakers ceased to be Apogees some time ago. Think of them as the Borg equivalent.

Justin's speakers ceased to be Apogees some time ago. Think of them as the Borg equivalent.

They left the galaxy some time ago on an Interstella trip of infeasible scale.

Still not got the new ones home yet. Minor technical hitch being addressed now. Not only do you have to build them, you have to debug them too:D

Back