Motorcycling to Alaska.. 32 days of adventure! My trip report is here

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Tom, that is an awsome adventure. A similar trip (with an SUV) is on the bucket list for me and my wife.

Tom, I haven't had chance to watch the video yet, but how were the roads? Sandy and I were thinking it would be awesome to tow our Airstream up there, but I really don't want to beat the snot out of it trying to get there.

Wow, great journey Tom ………..makes me want to go back, which I plan to. A fellow workmate of mine just resigned from our railroad to take a position with the Alaskan railroad in Fairbanks. I figure I'll give him a year or two and then head up there again.

Bummer about the flat tire on your last day but better to have not started the trip that way !

lovin' your videos Tom, that 'opaque' shower was unique to say the least !

For those of you interested in seeing what it was like to ride a motorcycle to Alaska, I just finished my trip report... complete with lots of video.

http://www.flyv65.com/AK2014_toc.htm

Enjoy.

TomDac and Ryan seems to me that both of you really enjoyed your motorcycling adventure.
Welcome back to Martin Logan Owners Forum. And thanks for sharing details, images and videos of your journey.
TomDac and Ryan enjoy motorcycling. I loved to bicycle when I was a teenager before I got my drivers license. To tell you the truth I was never fascinated by motorcycles or fighter jets or ocean going vessels. Never have motor-cycled. Always wondered what the experience would be like. Before my fascination for audio equipment as a child and teenager I was crazy about toy cars. In Austria with my family {sister, mother and father} drove on highways connecting European cities. Travelled by car from Austria to Switzerland, France, Venice, and east European countries. I always loved driving, especially driving fast on the autobahn. Lucky to have never received a ticket for speeding. I left the navigation part to the rest of my family and concentrated on driving. I listened to some nice music on the way on the car radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome post. What a great adventure. The videos are outstanding - the editing must taken hours. Nice bikes.

Last edited:
Back