Original panel wiring

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildcat Rudy

Reaction score
Of my Sequel II panels, one works fine, but the other had its wires sheared off when the panel slid behind the woofer grille (courtesy of the prior owner). I see I can solder the wires back onto the stators, but as for the conductor going to the diaphragm, how was that attached? I am guessing there is a copper tape conductor on the mylar itself, and I noted there was no solder residue on that middle wire.

For now I would like to at least reattach the wires and see if these panels sound any good. Any clue as to how to reattach that middle lead properly?

Hi Rudy, reattaching that diaphragm wire could be tricky. I don't have any personal experience to share, but would suggest you scan the posts in this subforum over at DIYAudio.com:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/planars-exotics/

There is a ton of detail in some of those threads about how to do what you ask.

Thanks @JonFo for the reference. I'd forgotten I was a member of that site already. ;) I looked through a few pages and found a few hints, but found nothing specific yet. Still looking!

It turns out my one soldering iron isn't powerful enough to solder the wire back onto the stators--it can't heat up the metal enough. I have my dad's old soldering gun somewhere that might do the trick (far higher wattage), but I have literally dozens of boxes to sort through before I could ever find it.

Latest posts

Back