LUXMAN 505u anyone heard this?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowkey37

Reaction score
Should this AMP be powerful enough for my Montis speakers? Just wondering if anyone has some experience w/ the Luxman brand.

Cheers!

Yes and quite a versatile little piece I might add.

Should this AMP be powerful enough for my Montis speakers? Just wondering if anyone has some experience w/ the Luxman brand.

Cheers!

I have heard 505ux on Electromotions. It sounds very nice - and if you are not planning to play too loud it should be more than OK for Montis. But maybe/probably the room should not be to large. The sound signature / soundstage is very good.

Hi Lowkey,

What's the power output at 8 ohms and does it double down in power at lower impedances?

And yes, Luxman has a very good reputation.

GG

Thanks for the replies fellas!
100x2@8ohm
150x2@4ohm

I have a larger room, 18x40, so I am concerned with power a bit.

Mike

Given that room size and assuming you want to listen to music in the 85 to 95db peak range or louder, I'd also be concerned.

Given that room size and assuming you want to listen to music in the 85 to 95db peak range or louder, I'd also be concerned.

I had the same problem. I considered the newer Luxman 505ux A/B amplifier. The power wasn't sufficient for our living room (Montis) as we only could play at "11 o´clock". The same problem occurred with the "more high end models" class A amplifier with 20 and 30 Watts. The sound is just beautiful, I really love these amplifiers, but they are probably not the best match for larger rooms with the Montis if you want to play it loud once in a while. Otherwise, they should be OK!

The guys on Audiocricle seem to prefer the hypex ncore to Luxman, and it's much cheaper.

If the amp cannot handle the ohm drops with ease, your tops will be roll off . The best way to determine what you should audition is the amps ability to double the power into each ohm load. Anything on your shopping list should be able to do this, otherwise im my experience, your wasting your time.

Latest posts

Back