critical listening

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
what mode of listening do you like when you are listening to music? this is when using a surround processor! or do you prefer a good hi-end two channel music system? I have always thought that you lose something when going thru a processor and not a good 2 ch preamp. also surround modes i feel adds unreal information to the sound. Movies surround is a must but music i dont think so..

what mode of listening do you like when you are listening to music? this is when using a surround processor! or do you prefer a good hi-end two channel music system? I have always thought that you lose something when going thru a processor and not a good 2 ch preamp. also surround modes i feel adds unreal information to the sound. Movies surround is a must but music i dont think so..

Huh? What are you asking?

I only listen to music via 2 channel - no processing. My CD player and turntable do not go through my processor at all - they're connected directly to my stereo amplifier. When I want to watch a movie, I use my stereo amplifier to drive the front 2 channels of my surround sound system.

I think keeping the signal path as short, direct, and unprocessed as possible gets you closer to the way the music was recorded. So much of today's music has already been so processed by the electronics and producers with bad hearing that it should only be played over the radio in your car traveling down the highway with the windows down.

for music and food, best to go as unprocessed as possible

Back