New Neolith stuff

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dropped by the Martin Logan "Truth in Sound" tour in Burbank, CA today and asked a couple of questions about the Neolith. They said ML will have a live wired pair at CES to demo. Unfortunately the room size will be no larger and even possibly smaller than it has been in the past. I was hoping they would be moving upstairs to the larger suites. Oh well at least they will be operational. Also, they said that they planned to have the Neoliths available for delivery some time in January.

As for the "Truth in Sound" tour it was a very nice. The demo of CLX's took place in the Magnolia AV primary theater room. They had people there representing Audioquest to assist with cabling. The amps were the McIntosh 601's so the had plenty of power. The room was large thus giving the speakers plenty of room to breath. If I could fault them anywhere it would be that they were using a single Logan 212 woofer. When I asked why not use 2 subs they pointed out that the sub was adequate And they are correct it is a very fine sub. It was adequate but perhaps they should have been shooting for more than adequate. All in all it was well done and fun. It was my intention to stay only a few minutes since my main system uses CLX's but the music selections were good and the grace of the staff was much more than "adequate". They enticed me to stay for nearly 2 hours.

Gary

Back