Just FYI - RUR is a stand up seller.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
So I posted a classified looking for tubes. I found the Philips miniwatt gz34 for my Cary slp05 preamp from Ken (RUR). So we chatted, I paid and he sent the item, well packaged and fully insured even though I had not asked for it to be insured. Item appears pristine and just as described.

Trustworthy seller!!

Just FYI for future sales.

I blush.

Sorry we can't get together @ RMAF again this year, Gordon. I had plans 'till my dog needed $6K worth of surgery a couple weeks back, but he's worth every penny.

A person who loves a dog that way, speaks of the high quality of the person! RUR, do not blush!...you are built that way...the way that everybody should be on this collapsed world! On this beloved hobby, we shared goods things, things that inside of your heart, beats along with the rhythm of the music. The love for the animals is shared too. Not so long, I spoke with our friend Gordon, who had lost his beloved dog recently, and I did sense a compressed heart too. We are a sensitive persons, we are touched by the soul of the musician(s) playing for us, right there, in our own place...when we listen to the music, and this tell us something. We are great! Happy listening!

I blush.

Sorry we can't get together @ RMAF again this year, Gordon. I had plans 'till my dog needed $6K worth of surgery a couple weeks back, but he's worth every penny.

At least he's still going, Ken. Had my cat of 16 years put down 2 weeks ago. Terminal stomach cancer, poor old sod.

Still, got a new car to cheer me up a bit:)

At least he's still going, Ken. Had my cat of 16 years put down 2 weeks ago. Terminal stomach cancer, poor old sod.

Justin, sorry to hear about the kitty …………….. so, is a new Porsche in your stable ?

Yes Dave. I was going to post a pic on your coffee & cars thread but I lost the prose and didn't bother.

Had it a week. It is surprisingly refined and comfortable - until you floor the pedal:) Americans are told not to go over 4K revs in the first 2K miles in new Porsches. We aren't. Unsure why.

Track day at Silverstone courtesy of Porsche soon. Nice perk - same time as the hi-fi show there.

The cat sez "meow" from cat heaven, LOL. For a cat he was a genius - really clever. I'll not be able to find one as clever again I expect.

Last edited:
Hope your dog is okay.
So far, so good, Adam. A tumor on his throat was suspected lymphoma and he was so pitiful we thought we'd lose him. Turned out it was a benign tumor on his salivary gland. Cytology was clean and we just need to keep an eye out for future growths. He's back to being a tiny, but lovable PITA and we have our fingers crossed!

My sympathies, Justin and Gordon. I lost the love of my life, a boxer named Hannah, to stomach cancer a few years ago. I think of her every day.

Good news Ken, it is amazing how we care for our pets. What got to me years ago when we had to put our gray Tiger down was the fact that it had me more upset than some 'human' passings that I've had to deal with.

Good news Ken, it is amazing how we care for our pets. What got to me years ago when we had to put our gray Tiger down was the fact that it had me more upset than some 'human' passings that I've had to deal with.
My dogs are a helluva lot nicer to me than most humans, Dave.:p

Pets do have shorter lives but, while they are alive, they give us 100% pure love 24 / 7, which is alot more than you can say about many humans.

Good news Ken.

The best news RUR! Good to know that he is going much better! My last dog, her name was Ethea, and I was my lovely wife´s dog, and when she was mad for something, all the living room pillows and cushions will we lying on the floor. Once, we got mad..I started to ignore her, she got mad at me, and all the cushions of my sound room were on the floor and my sleeping side bed was a mess, the side of the wife was intact!. When I saw this, you know what happened! it was like honeymoon! pure love!...still miss her a lot! Regards my friends!

I am a cat person. Though I have kept a canine pet when I was young. Did not work out because dogs need more looking after then cats. There are many stray cats in Karachi and Islamabad. Nearly every house I have lived in had 2 or 3 stray cats. Cats find me.
I have kept many, many stray cats and tomcats as pets. Currently I have eight felines all related to each other. 4 having reached adulthood and 4 kittens. My cats make me wonder who is in charge of who. It so happens that they live in luxury being fed three times a day, no work to do, while I prepare meals, wash their dishes, take out their ticks. Our chauffeur does the shopping, namely raw chicken stomach, liver and neck bones, for the cats.

I always feel terrible when any one of my stray cat dies from kidney failure or infection.
Therefore I have empathy for Justin whose 16 year old friend passed away.

Last edited:
Thanks RAH:)

Nevermind - he had a very good life and yes I take your point about who is in charge. You don't really own a cat. In 16 years mine didn't even make me one cup of tea. And after all the pampering. I dunno:D

Off looking for a new cat this weekend.

Latest posts

Back