Hello from a recurrent offender

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jagid2th

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I used to own a pair of CLS's a long time ago. As wonderful as the system sounded, I had opened Pandora's box! The good parts of the sound were so good that I could not stand the lows. No bass, no loud music, too many bad recordings etc. etc. and I melted down. Sold off everything and bought less revealing gear ( still high end by most standards). But I missed the ML sound for a long time. I weakened the other day and bought a pair of Montis and a StageX. Surrounds are to follow. A lot has changed! The Montis are beautiful. However, I feel the urge to tweak again. Loving every minute.

Welcome back ! get a nice sub(or two) for your Montis set up and you'll enjoy all the low energy you want !

Hi everyone. I used to own a pair of CLS's a long time ago. As wonderful as the system sounded, I had opened Pandora's box! The good parts of the sound were so good that I could not stand the lows. No bass, no loud music, too many bad recordings etc. etc. and I melted down. Sold off everything and bought less revealing gear ( still high end by most standards). But I missed the ML sound for a long time. I weakened the other day and bought a pair of Montis and a StageX. Surrounds are to follow. A lot has changed! The Montis are beautiful. However, I feel the urge to tweak again. Loving every minute.

For bad recordings keep a small cheap system. I use highend to expand my music tastes, so new quality music that I would not have appreciated on a bad system before (opera, some classical) now sounds awesome and has drawn me in

Welcome back!

Agree with Bonzo FWIW - my main system is for active listening only. For background music and while doing other things (reading, housework, etc) I use much less revealing kit.

Latest posts

Back