newbie from Toronto canada

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rising1000

Reaction score
hi not sure if I should venture into electrostatics again. just sold my quad els,quad tube amps,linn sondek, nakaimich 700, preamp

was considering buying a smaller electrostatic martin logan, but wow, it appears only separates drive them, is their any avr from denon, onkyno,pioneer that can drive them.

Welcome, in so far as AVR's and Logan's ………….. well, yes they 'can work' , but NO AVR will compete with top notch separates IMO. I could put 87 octane in my Corvette and it would run ………………. but why ??

Hi-O! Welcome to the fray!

I drive my Vistas (fully passive) with an 85 wpc/ 8 Ohms (150 wpc / 4 ohms) integrated amplifier. No issues whatsoever! Any decent AVR will drive them too, but you may find that to be a compromise (or maybe not).

Welcome, in so far as AVR's and Logan's ………….. well, yes they 'can work' , but NO AVR will compete with top notch separates IMO. I could put 87 octane in my Corvette and it would run ………………. but why ??

I think a good AVR will definitely compete with separates in at least one area; price!

And in Canada, high test is 1.65 a liter ($6.00 per medieval gallon ;) , which is why you might be inclined to fill her up with 87. hahaha

Last edited:
Julian …………. please, you're kidding right (I know you are), for the analogy was so simple, 'even a cave man' would understand !

hi not sure if I should venture into electrostatics again. just sold my quad els,quad tube amps,linn sondek, nakaimich 700, preamp

was considering buying a smaller electrostatic martin logan, but wow, it appears only separates drive them, is their any avr from denon, onkyno,pioneer that can drive them.
I was considering trying my "original" Aerius' (purchased in 2000) with an old 5.1 receiver in case I ever have to REALLY downsize (or sell off all but one basic system). The receiver I have has reasonable specs and I do NOT play music loudly (mostly chamber music and jazz combos). Attached is photo and specs of the one I'm considering. I would use my Paradigm PS-1000 sub for the lows. When I bought the Aerius' they were being run by a Denon mini-system receiver at the audio shop.

Attachments

• USA model full front panel open.jpg
    USA model full front panel open.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 12
  • USA model full back.jpg
    USA model full back.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Technical specs from manual.jpg
    Technical specs from manual.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 15
Back