Glossy or no Glossy (normal) Finish - About to order Martin Logan Montis Dark Cherry

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redux

Reaction score
Hi, for Martin Logan Montis and similar models. Have you compared glossy vs. normal finish?

I am considering Dark Cherry - but I cannot see from pictures if the glossy is nice or not - or if I just save some money and go for the normal dark cherry.

Anyone with experience? Is the extra dollars worth the glossy? Dark Cherry Glossy that is. :music:

The "glossy" finish is "over the top" aesthetically.

Absolutely worthwhile and truly stunning.

The best that I've ever seen from ML.

Assuming you are going to keep for awhile, a no brainier. And you will smile every time you look at them.

Last edited:
I've never seen the glossy finish in person but from just the videos it's worth it, they also offer on the Montis a high gloss black frame for $1495.

I'm sure the glossy finish is gorgeous, but the downside is that small scratches will be more visible over time. I've had that problem with other (non ML) glossy cabinet speakers. If you have kids or pets, probably should take that into consideration.

The "glossy" finish is "over the top" aesthetically.

Absolutely worthwhile and truly stunning.

The best that I've ever seen from ML.

Assuming you are going to keep for awhile, a no brainier. And you will smile every time you look at them.

Major +1! They are indeed GORGEOUS.

Thank you all! We ended up with the black glossy cherrywood :)

Back