Speaker suggestions for a decent Mac-driven system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralflar

Reaction score
Dear forum, I need to replace my computer audio. The previous loudspeakers were ML Motion 4 (fronts) + 2 (rears) + Dynamo. I used a phantom center (4.1), or a small non-ML physical center (5.1). Electronics were Cyrus and Naim, mainly, but the replacement of those will be another thread.

The sub is taken care of, I will be using my old Depth-i.

Which speakers would you suggest for the L/R fronts, and which C/SL/SR speakers could I add for a surround extension. Powered or passive, both would be fine. The stereo fronts are most important to me, I just want the other channels to blend. The Motion 4s were really not bad at all, especially for the price. I thought that at a distance of less that 4’, the image lacked depth, and that tonally, they are on the bright side of neutral.

As far as powered fronts, I am currently looking at Adam Audio, Emotiva Pro, Equator Audio, Genelec. Passives, so far I have the KEF LS-50 on my shopping list.

If you have heard any of these if a near field config, please share your experience. Which other speakers should I be looking at?

Bought a pair of Gennies last Friday. I find them quite addictive, but that could be the NTS.

Back