Tiny room question.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikus

Reaction score
I have a room that's 8 foot tall 10.5 foot wide and 13 foot deep. When I move from NJ to TX I will find a house with a larger space, but I want to get a decent set up in the next 6-12 months. Would it be stupid to get Summit X's or even CLX's and make due with a tiny room? Also, what would be a good pre-amp\receiver I'd like to get now and not have to upgrade when I get new speakers. I was looking at Marantz they are putting out new models in the fall. I was leaning towards a Marantz, but was curious of how they pair with Martin Logan speakers.

Thanks for looking,

Gerald

I would get whatever can be considered as the final solution.

If you're looking to get Summit Xs or CLXs, forget about driving them with a receiver. Instead, buy a decent integrated amp, or separates (preamp/power amp). Do a search here; there are lots of recommendations.

If you're looking to get Summit Xs or CLXs, forget about driving them with a receiver. Instead, buy a decent integrated amp, or separates (preamp/power amp). Do a search here; there are lots of recommendations.

Get a pair of 2 way monitors take them or leave them when you move. MLs won't work well in a room that small IMO.

how long will you have to 'live' with your tiny room ?

Get the KEF LS 50's for now. $1,500 from Amazon. They will work with an AV receiver of reasonable power.

Can sell later or use in a bedroom system when you move.

GG

Get the KEF LS 50's for now. $1,500 from Amazon. They will work with an AV receiver of reasonable power.

Can sell later or use in a bedroom system when you move.

GG

I second Gordon's recommendation. That's exactly what I did for the past year while I built my dedicated room. I like them so well in fact that I can't see parting with them.

Back