Anyone familiar with Focal Scala V2?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with these speakers?

I stumbled onto 2 pairs in the Dallas area but am not able to a/b against the BW 800 diamonds and was hoping there were some here who are experienced with the Focals.

If you can compare them with ML, I can infer info from that too.

Planning on auditioning them when I get my full tube gear.

Not particularly familiar with those, but Focal speakers are generally highly regarded. Since you seem to be leaning towards cones, I would also suggest considering Sonus Faber's. Definitely a different presentation vs. stats/dipoles, but very musical, with high WAF!

Yeah I was thinking of getting a pair of Stradivari... But they are discontinued and difficult to audition.

The other stuff like the Aida are a little costly. Not sure how much bang for the buck I'd get with an Amati Futura.

One reason I'm particularly intrigued by the Scala is that they are vertically adjustable and it may be easier to place in my 17x15 room.

Last edited:
IMHO, given the way SF's are voiced (warm side of the equation), probably not a good mix with tube gear.

yes I have had several models of focal and remain a great fan . have listened to the scalas v1 many times and was thinking seriously to change to them but they are very big as are the 800d . I find the martin logan summits x I have , have the hugest soundstage and the most incredible bass and the most detailed sound with real attack and decay and sense of presence . all this in a box less than half the footprint of a scala which to many fits in better

however you must decide for yourself but make sure you try some ML in someones home and keep us posted as I would easily use a 1028be/1038be if I had to change for any reason like the mrs would like me to!!

Missed the sale.. sold. Red Scala v2... would've been nice. But I didnt even get a chance to hear it since it was like 2.5 hours away from me and I was working while the next buyer was hammering away at the deal.

Now, looks like I found a Stradivari for sale.... I still have yet to find a BW 800 Diamond for sale on audiogon and that concerns me that I won't find any good 2nd hand 800. Don't really want to pay the retail on one, especially since other speakers can be had for a great price used....

Last edited:
Back