Prodigy wake up problem

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChevyDK

Reaction score
Hello fellow ML owners

I have a "problem" that i need to turn the volume up quite high to make the Prodigy's wake up.
I suspect some faulty components in the HT circuitry (some dryed out caps maybe).

Can any one assist me with some schematics and other Info?

I would also like to explore an diy upgrade off the xover while i have them opened up.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes from a Danish ML owner.

Can any one assist me with some schematics and other Info?

I tried to get a copy of the Prodigy schematics a few years back (just after the company had been sold). They told me that even though the Prodigy had been discontinued the schematics contained proprietary information, therefore they would not be made available. Enough time has passed that maybe that has now changed.

I recommend you email the ML service department regarding the "problem" as well as the schematic request. If he is still with ML, contact Dana Brown. I call Dana "Mr. Prodigy" as he had a hand in the manufacture of many of the Prodigys that were produced and he knows his stuff. email address is [email protected]

Good luck.
Gary

Last edited:
Thanks for you reply Gary

I have just sent an email to Mr. Brown

Lets see how it goes.

Thank you again.

Hi again.
I have recieved an answer from Mr. Brown.
The schematics for the wakeup circuitry is still propriatory and therefore he is not able to supply, but offered help in other ways.
He did supply me with the schematics for the xover part.
I will post it here when i get to my pc.

Prodigy crosover schematic

Hi guys.

I tried to attach the 3 page pdf of the crossover, but got the message that 750k exceeds the 68k limit.:mad:

Bruce
Prodigy owner with bypassed crossover.

Frank,

I apologize profusely. You probably have this all handled by now.

Life got away from me.

I hope these help.

I just sent you 8 files. Originals and some of what I am doing.

Anyone else who would like the Prodigy schematic PM me your email and I will get these right off to you.

Bruce

one more attempt to attach a file

The file start at 747k for all three pages of the pdf. I had to cut single pages out and then reduce the size a few time to get them down to the size the site will accept as an upload.

As stated above, PM me with your email and I will send you the original pdf I received from ML.

Bruce page 3 Prodigy Schematic 50.jpgpage 1 Prodigy Schematic 50.jpgpage 2 Prodigy Schematic 50.jpg

Back