Panic Room (DTS) "SuperBit"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Title: Panic Room (DTS) “SuperBit”
Year of Release: 2002
Film Studio: Columbia Tri Star
Genre: Action / Thriller

Jodie Foster plays “Meg” a divorced mother of an adolescent daughter “Sarah” played by Kristen Stewart. Foster is really good here. Meg and Sarah move into a large old home in New York city. The old home features a panic room, which is similar to a mini bomb shelter. Located off the master bedroom. On their very first night in the home, having just moved it. Robbers invade the home. Meg and Sarah just make it into the panic room. Foster is lovingly as well as vulnerable yet intelligent in this film. Foster portrays a strong ‘Momma Bear’, when cornered – watch out. :D Miss Stewart is outstanding in her portrayal as the ill daughter. Panic room is as suspenseful as it is thrilling at the same time. At times Meg can be ruthless in protecting her child. Like the scene where she closes the panic room door on one of the robber’s hands is very powerful. I wouldn’t call “Panic Room”, “Die Hard” in a house, but almost, which is to say Panic Room is a lot of movie going fun, just the same… :D

The panic room is a safe haven in the event of a home invasion or a natural / civil disaster. Completely in cased in steel reinforced concrete with its own independent telephone line, electrical, air, alarm and surveillance video systems. The panic room can be provisioned too. Bullet proof, bomb proof and impregnable, it allows the user(s) time to call for help. I kept thinking, you know it’s too bad they didn’t have a mini ML system in the panic room… :D The panic room is a non-violent attempt for the property owners to protect themselves from possible violence in there own homes. As the film points out there are construction companies, which specialize in this kind of home protection.

I thoroughly enjoyed the robber’s interpersonal dynamics in the story. Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto and Dwight Yoakam were outstanding, especially Mr. Whitaker’s performance. My favorite scene was between the daughter Sarah and Mr. Whitakers character as he gives her the injection. He displays the juxtaposition and conflict, which is going on inside, a wonderful performance.

Panic Room is fantastic on SuperBit. The DTS sound track is exciting and provides powerful dynamic and effects to all my home theater ML speaker. The sound and sound effects editing was wonderful for this film and the SuperBit DVD provides excellent DTS sound all around.

I can unreservedly say I recommend it. Panic Room is a thrilling, exciting action film to own on DVD.

:D HT relaxed comfortably surrounded in ML bliss, until next time let the movies turn you on…

Attachments

• B00006CXGF.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B00006CXGF.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2,939
Back